Father of Child Killed in Ohio Crash Begs Trump, Vance To Stop Politicizing Son's Death

Originally published at: Father of Child Killed in Ohio Crash Begs Trump, Vance To Stop Politicizing Son’s Death - TPM – Talking Points Memo

The parents of a Springfield, Ohio boy whose death last year became fodder for the anti-immigrant right told national Republican politicians on Tuesday to stop abusing their son’s memory. “This needs to stop now,” Nathan Clark, the father of Aiden Clark, said at a Springfield city commission meeting on Tuesday. Clark called Donald Trump, Sen.…

3 Likes

This poor family. To lose a child is the worst tragedy. Twisting it into a hateful, political meme is horrific.

72 Likes

My heartfelt sorrow for his loss, as a dad I can’t imagine his sadness and anger at these people.

On a more cynical note, does he think he can really appeal to the better nature of the MAGA types? Has the poor man been in a coma for the last 8 years? There are subway rats that have more character than JD Vance or Trump.

36 Likes

Had you been told yesterday morning that Trump and Vance would be talking about pets being eaten, and that Trump would bring this up in the debate, you’d have laughed out loud and spit your coffee. The Trump/Vance campaign has now officially jumped the cats, cat ladies and dogs in addition to the sharks.

37 Likes

They’ve gone full Grandpa Simpson, lol.

17 Likes

Organized Money keeps trying to co-opt and exploit the things that belong to its victims, and the victims aren’t having it any more.

None of this would be possible without Fox News.

44 Likes

“I don’t care what his cult says, I know him personally. And here’s the truth: My uncle is the only person I know without one redeeming quality. Not a single one.” – Mary Trump

74 Likes

Fox News, the GOP, algorithm-driven social media, and the baser aspects of human nature—it’s a helluva brew, and we’re all swimming in it.

19 Likes

How awful for the family, it’s like their son was killed twice and it’s hard to move on when he’s continually being brought up. I’d be furious if my daughter’s death was being used to foment hate, it’s a horrible way to commemorate a child. And, you just know that the full weight of the right wing hate machine is coming for the family now, they have likely already been doxxed and received death threats for the audacity of telling MAGA to quit lying about their child.

The only good thing about this is that Trump displayed that full well of vitriol and lies last night for all of America to see. It’s not hidden anymore, it’s not disguised by dog whistles and smothered statements in public. Trump was himself last night, warts and all, and we can hope that the people of America finally see him for what he truly is and reject him and Republicans and all of their hate and threatened violence.

36 Likes

Here’s a headline you’ll never see on the front page of the New York Times:

“They’re taking over the towns. They’re taking over buildings. They’re going in violently. These are the people that she and Biden led into our country, and they’re destroying our country. They’re dangerous. They’re at the highest level of criminality.” – Donald J. Trump

Too long!

10 Likes

I guess Vance was all upset over the furniture abuse.

12 Likes

This man is a hero for speaking out.

Don’t doubt for a second that it’s concentration camps and ethnic cleansing the GQP Confederate Party wants.

33 Likes

It was absolutely on my bingo card. I live in Ohio and have my ear to the ground. This and far uglier things are in store - they can only win by fear and hate motivating the horde, so that’s what it will be.

27 Likes

So there’s this new story-“Republican Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said Tuesday he doesn’t oppose the Temporary Protected Status program under which some 15,000 Haitians have arrived in the city of about 59,000 people since 2020, but said the federal government must do more to help impacted communities. DeWine’s family operates a charity in Haiti in honor of their late daughter, Becky, who died in a car accident. He said the Haitians who have moved to Ohio are generally hard-working people who love their families and who are seeking to escape the violence in their home country for good jobs in Ohio.”
Why is DeWine or for that matter, Sherrod Brown, not criticizing Vance and these a-hole Republicans for continuing to pass out this horrible misinformation. Maybe they will but something or someone needs to make this stop.
EDIT-DeWine finally stepped up and his been trying to stop them.

38 Likes

That’s completely unfair to subway rats. Any rats, really.

8 Likes

White right-wingers are intentionally murdering kids in school, but that’s okay for Republicans.

Meanwhile, immigrants can’t get in car accidents.

32 Likes

It’s adorable that people think fascists give a fuck about civility or respect. They’re fucking monsters and will use anything and anyone to promote their filthy lies. They don’t actually care about children or the truth. They care about power. Period.

17 Likes

The class, kindness and rationality of the Clark family as they deal with their tragic loss juxtaposed against the hate of Vance/Trump speaks volumes.

46 Likes

The couch-f…king meme bothered JD a lot. So he eagerly found someone to punch down onto. Says alot about him, just a Elon’s tweet to Taylor Swift confirms what we know about him. Time for a full boycott of Twitter and we need to bring TPM onboard with that.

19 Likes

What’s interesting to me is that none of these capitalist loving race haters even bothers to question why the factories in town are hiring non-white people if they are so undesirable and criminal. Because the people drawing migrants here are the plutocrats who have successfully busted unions and now are de-regulating pollution laws right and left.

26 Likes