Fascists March In, Get Chased Out Of Philadelphia | Talking Points Memo

Members of the white supremacist group Patriot Front marched in Philadelphia Saturday night, leading to scuffles with bystanders and, at one point, a quick retreat into rental box trucks.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1379952
1 Like

Well at least they were respectful enough to mask up.

40 Likes

Laughable. Deplorable. Glad my fellow Philadelphians stood up to these turds.

40 Likes

Philly really isn’t the place to be pulling that shit

48 Likes

So goes the reputation. Guess they never heard of it.

20 Likes

Wow, the last time there was a rental truck retreat was at the Bowling Green Massacre. Funny how history repeats itself.

52 Likes

Likely far more from embarrassment than public health.

26 Likes

I think the crowd was rather nice to them. I expected to see slashed tires and overturned trucks.

10 Likes

Nothing says strategic battefield tactics like “scurry”.

50 Likes

Philadelphians will go after santa claus and pocket nazis alike.

25 Likes

You would too if your face was on the post office wall.

31 Likes

However “scurry” is always a great description for vermin.

27 Likes

Philly must have respected the fact the trucks were rentals. Who knows what would have happened if they arrived in their traditional sh*t piles of jacked up diesel pick’em ups.

23 Likes

New inventory at the junkyard.

8 Likes

This is a Fascist “Street Theater” group - that has a fondness for Right-wing flash-mob performances

These psychos have a strident fascist agenda - and to advance their goals…

• they are seeking the destruction of democracy

… because they see it as standing in the way of them getting everything their way - they WANT a police state - because they idiotically think that they will get to be the police & will get to rule over those they dislike

In its own words

“The time of the Republic has passed in America as the system grows too weak to perform its duty. … The damage done to this nation and its people will not be fixed if every issue requires the approval and blessing from the dysfunctional American democratic system. Democracy has failed in this once great nation.”

— Patriot Front manifesto.

25 Likes

Patriots?

4 Likes

Or New York… Chicago… Boston… etc…

Maj. Heinrich Strasser: Are you one of those people who can not imagine the Germans in their beloved Paris?

Rick Blaine: It’s not particularly my beloved Paris.

Maj. Heinrich Strasser: Can you image us in London?

Rick Blaine: When you get there ask me!

Capt. Louis Renault: Hmmmh! Diplomats!

Maj. Heinrich Strasser: How about New York?

Rick Blaine: Well there are certain sections of New York, Major, that I wouldn’t advise you to invade.

39 Likes

Next time, they will send Gritty after them.

17 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

The word has devolved on the right to just mean “Trump supporters.” It’s what they all constantly call themselves, e.g., “We need more patriots up front to get past the cops and into the Capitol.”

33 Likes