Falwell Rallies Rural Virginia Counties To Secede And Join West Virginia | Talking Points Memo

The governor of West Virginia and the president of the Liberty University came together on Tuesday and urged conservative counties and cities in Virginia to leave that state and join its western neighbor.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1287581
1 Like

Positively hilarious.

These two mokes could fuck up a one-car funeral.

61 Likes

Just for reference’s sake, “tyranny” is not the passing by democratic means of a law you personally don’t like. Technically that’s known as tough shit. Tyranny is when a minority imposes its will on a majority. Like when the electoral college elects a president who got less votes than the other candidate. That kind of thing. In sum, you’re a bunch of morons. Pray to God for more brains.

116 Likes

Thereby making an even bigger federal funds handout state?

32 Likes

HAHAHA gasp HAHAHA
Actually as a resident of Virginia I say fine, they really don’t contribute anything anyway

35 Likes

Congress as well as the Virginia legislature would have to approve any such move. It’s actually in the damn Constitution’s text: Article IV, Section 3. What morons.

45 Likes

If all else fails, they can at least name their territory Rubistan.

37 Likes

Sounds ducky to me. In fact, let the whole damned Confederacy go.

12 Likes

That can actually be good for Virginia overall, those self-righteous rural moochers are expensive to keep.

22 Likes

A couple of more impressive microcephalics would be hard to find.

They lose an election and call it tyranny.

I don’t think they really have a grasp on this democracy thing.

47 Likes

Shorter GOP: “It’s not democracy unless we’re the winners, and it’s not Amurikkka unless we’re the rulers.”

43 Likes

My intention is to move to the western part of Virginia, but not that far west. A town that’s become solidly blue where people move from lots of different places.
Please put Liberty U in the W. Virginia slot.

14 Likes

Virginia is for lovers. So all you haters can fuck right off.

Also you don’t have to break up the state. You can just leave. I hear WV has all the good coal jobs.

60 Likes

Trumpistan!

15 Likes

Kentucky and West Virginia were both once part of Virginia, Falwell noted; Kentucky split in 1792 and West Virginia in 1863.

8 Likes

Well jeeze they only had a week to put this resistance movement together, who’d have time to Google how to secede from one’s state.

22 Likes

Ummm, did the Rev. Falwell ask the pool boy for is input?

30 Likes

V.o: "last time on ‘Junior!!!’."

13 Likes

WSJ reporting McConnell told GOP senators there aren’t enough votes to block witnesses. So huh!

That’s not his role. It’s his wife’s. His role is to watch.

35 Likes

Rev. Falwell fails at religion AND politics. He yearns to be a successful grifter, just like his father.

13 Likes