Fake Fact-Checks Are Spreading Disinformation About Ukraine

This story first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1408221

Look at that table. And Trump ridiculed Biden for wearing a mask.

7 Likes

"You can be at the table or you can be on the menu."

6 Likes

“The metadata we located for some videos clearly shows that they were created by duplicating a single video file and then editing it. Whoever crafted the debunking video created the fake and debunked it at the same time.”

Don’t know why but this made me think of “double secret probation”…

7 Likes

I have read that the separation between him and others may also have to do with his state of mind; psychosis and paranoia brought on by COVID and/or steroids used for an illness that has been hidden from the public. The last while he’s become considerably bloated. It’s obvious in his face.

4 Likes

This is their passion. And it surely aligns with the Trump Wing of the GOP.

4 Likes

Or both!

3 Likes

Yes his face is like a moon. He’s been using fillers for a while to maintain the illusion of youth, and they haven’t been exactly subtle. But now there’s pretty clearly something else going on, and you’re right that it does look like steroids: there’s a whole raft of diseases that are treated with them – from arthritis to cancer, where they mitigate the inflammatory affects of chemotherapy. In Putin’s case, I vote for one that weakens the immune system so that he’s now totally paranoid about Covid. All the same, he supposedly waited half a year to get the Sputnik vaccine. Very weird.

But whether it’s steroids or he’s simply drifting into dementia, he has lost his mind.

5 Likes

“Come on! How could THAT ever happen to anyone?”

3 Likes

Speaking of idiots spreading garbage for Putin, guess who else has been out there defending Vlad? None other than Glenn Fucking Greenwald.

And before you ask, yes, of course GFG blames the current US government for Putin’s actions against Ukraine.

Shocking, I know.

7 Likes

My theory is that all of the other chairs are rigged to tip backwards and dump the occupants into vats of acid, cremation chambers or metal chippers at the push of a button, but the engineering dates to the Soviet area so he has to sit that far from them to stay out of the splash zone.

6 Likes

I wondered about the bloating. Putin has grown pudgy.

2 Likes

March 2020:

February 2022:

I’m not seeing a significant difference there.

3 Likes

I suspect your second photo may be a stock image. Could be wrong, but here is with Xi in February after he arrived for the Olympics.

1 Like

It’s from Feb. 21, 2022, his pre-invasion address to the public.

And anybody’s gonna look puffier shot from below the chin. It’s a bad angle.

1 Like

Fine. Everybody who’s been noticing the same thing is just wrong and you’re right. But note there’s no wattle at all in your shot and Putin’s looking down.

Let’s just drop it though. Or go on all day about if you like. Convince everyone in range. Whatever.

Wattle, February 2020:

1 Like

“have garnered thousands of likes and retweets on Twitter.”

Yeah, from RWNJs and KKKultists in the USA. Don’t believe for a second that this fact check fakery is targeted solely at the audience at home, etc. It lights up the Exalted Cyclops Carlson crowd and gives them tidbits to recirculate and latch onto.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available