Extremists Eye Jan. 17 In Bid For Insurrection Violence | Talking Points Memo

I hope this is snark, because there’s a better chance of the ghost of Billy Barty signing with the Lakers & deposing King James from the starting lineup.

5 Likes

They should bring .308 and .50 caliber ammo, because these 'tards are able to afford armor that protects against lesser rounds.

Also, head-shots should be preferred if shotguns are needed.

6 Likes

You’re dreaming. Trump beat Biden by 375,000 votes and 3.3% points in a state that was supposed to be close. It’s effing Florida. She’ll (Ivanka) do even better.

4 Likes

Coup plotters.
That they’re fairly open about it provides some measure of their good sense.

4 Likes

ABC Nightly news just claimed Trump said NO Pardons for anyone.

15 Likes

She and Jared will be fighting so hard to stay out of prison, the bitch won’t be able to run.

BTW: who else thinks Jared will NOT do well in prison?

16 Likes

Paul Krugman titled his column today in regard to the sedition of 1/6/2020 specifically and Fascism in general that “Appeasement Got us Where We Are”.

This is why we must go after everyone involved in the sedition of 1/6/2020. Or as Krugman ended his column:

"And once again the attempt to appease fascists will surely end up encouraging them. So far, the lesson for Trumpist extremists is that they can engage in violent attacks on the core institutions of American democracy, and face hardly any consequences. Clearly, they view their exploits as a triumph, and will be eager to do more.

For this isn’t over. If you aren’t terrified about what Trump might do between now and Inauguration Day, you haven’t been paying attention. And I can’t be the only person worried about what will happen during the inauguration itself.

After the failure to protect Congress, how can we be sure there will be adequate security during the presidential transition? Not long ago such concerns might have seemed paranoid, but now they seem utterly reasonable."

42 Likes

And we can trust him how far?

Is this the beginning of a negotiation?

5 Likes

I’m sure that many of them are willing to lay down their lives for their cause. And this time around, they might just be given that opportunity. I’m guessing that those guarding places like State Capitols aren’t going to take any shit.

3 Likes

There are lots of other Repub women to go after but no one knows their name as well as they do Collins’ who early on acknowledged Biden had the EC votes. Dude, it’s getting tiresome.

2 Likes

No, you’re dreaming. Ivanka Trump (a) will never run for political office because it’s not in her nature or her life goals, (b) will make one of the shittiest campaigners this side of the Kelly Loeffler line, c) will never run for political office because (a) & (b).

28 Likes

… and d) prison.

7 Likes

How many weekend warriors are Trump supporters do you think?

3 Likes

I wonder how big a turn out the traitors are going to get after seeing what has happened at the Capitol. There are consequences that some let’s play insurrectionists might decide are too high. The tide has turned against them.

14 Likes

You’ll never get a unanimous guilty verdict against either one of them in NY or anywhere else. Jury nullification is a bitch. After a hung jury or two NYS is going to give up going after them and Trump.

1 Like

OT, but PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT for anyone here in need of a good lawyer.

Might wanna update your rolodex.

19 Likes

More to the point, they’re seeing video of handcuffed people being placed into FBI vans, and seeing people being dragged off planes. Tends to focus the mind.

15 Likes

Just as long as they’re prepared for more than “first amendment activities”

2 Likes

Yes but they don’t have the power to disbar him???

1 Like

I have to think that they’ve learned that lesson.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available