Extremists Eye Jan. 17 In Bid For Insurrection Violence | Talking Points Memo

The next big date in the insurrection could be Sunday. 

Extremists following President Trump’s call to overturn the results of the 2020 election have been calling to storm government buildings around the country on Jan. 17, in a bid for showy, potentially violent anti-government demonstrations.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1353898
1 Like

Failure to 25th the president after having dethroned him for a day does turn out to have a price.

But I presume after a few State Capitol buildings are burned, Collins will assure us that Trump has really, really, really learned his lesson this time.

78 Likes

Bring it on bitchezz.

36 Likes

But Marco Rubio told me that all they want is unity…

44 Likes

Let the non-violent drug offenders out of prison and replace them with these violent seditious offenders. Should be plenty of room.

37 Likes

The 17th is HUGE for these deranged terrorists because Q is the 17th letter in the alphabet

50 Likes

What a clever idea!

Hope they bring live ammo.

11 Likes

Is Susy Collins concerned yet?

Haven’t heard a peep out of her about the Trump Insurrection. She must be waiting for the hot stove pivot.

OT, but is there an ignore function on TPM?

18 Likes

Is that what it is? I just presumed it was because it’s the day before MLK day, so they wanted to have parties leading into it.

12 Likes

Prohibit the active service military, the National Guard , all police forces and prison guards to take the day off on the 17th. That would reduce the number of insurgents by at least half.

39 Likes

These cucktards can’t even tase straight.

ETA: And yes, I know this has been debunked (the fucker died of an ordinary heartattack brought on by his racist cultist sedition) but anything that brings a smile these days … right?

13 Likes

I wonder if there will be t-shirts again?

5 Likes

Jail terms should be 17 to 45, then…

36 Likes

Lynching parties…

4 Likes

Troops loyal to whom? If it’s a full division of Trumpturds we are screwed.

8 Likes

It remains unclear the extent to which the calls for armed protest and “storming” of state legislatures on Jan. 17 will materialize.

How many States’ AGs will be arranging charter buses?

27 Likes

Chad Wolf resigned from DHS just in time to miss the action.

15 Likes

Definitely a fair question. I doubt young Corporal Cleetus is gonna fire on his own peepaw and meemaw.

12 Likes

Trump: I would tell them insurgents to stand down, but they cancelled my Twitter account and Parler is offline.

4 Likes

She will be thinking it’s a foreign power attacking US.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available