Ex-Trump Camp Manager Brad Parscale Hospitalized After Threatening Suicide In His Home

The suicide story and the he hit me story come from the same place: the wife’s statements. Her statements about the violence were corroborated at the time by her aged bruises and the realtor who observed that she was distraught and by the fact that she had fled being only partially dressed.

This coupled with Brad’s initial refusal to come out would indeed make the police view him with justifiable suspicion that he might lash out.

1 Like

Courts have their role but somebody has to intervene initially before all the facts are in with as much safety for all concerned as possible.

1 Like

Especially the part about Melania. There are some images worth searching out.

Brad skimmed a little too much which led to his firing. To fill the driveways of his $4.4 million worth of recently acquired Florida real estate, Parscale bought $300,000 worth of cars in just a few months in early 2019. With investigators breathing down his neck and bills coming due, Brad is under a lot of stress.

Kind of.

It’s a tried and true method of managing limited resources for a specific deadline to achieve better results at lower cost. This, btw, has been proven by the PMI studies conducted on Israeli elections.

Campaigns are, quite literally used by many project management classes, as a classic example of a “project”. You have a hard deadline (election day), numerous “gating” deadlines leading up to that, numerous stake holders involved(different constituent groups, endorsement seeking, fund raising, etc), limited resources in time, people and money. And given the hard deadline, a strategy that needs to be strongly adhered to throughout.

There are strong operational management, communications management, risk management, legal/regulations management, and change management components of a campaign, all of which are covered by project management disciplines.

And, from a larger “program management” perspective, there is a gigantic need to do post mortems/quality assurance reviews on the back end to adjust for future campaigns. (This step is almost never done, which is why Democratic campaigns put as much emphasis on phone banking in recent years as they did in 2008…despite the response rate basically falling off a cliff since then).

And given that general chaos that pounds against a campaign, the need to stick to the strategy and the project time line are paramount.

I can go through a bunch of different, specific examples, where taking a project management approach would result in significant improvements in managing campaigns and managing field organizations. And yet, every time I mention “Gannt Charts” to campaign staff, they look at me like I am speaking in tongues.

1 Like

Indeed. Large drunk people go from “rational” to violent in the blink of an eye, especially when they are already in a violent frame of mind.

1 Like

its the old Soviet method of controlling possible defectors…lock them up before they can talk…

love your imagery.

i just don’t get wht people expect police to do…just stand there and wait to see if they are going to be shot?

lol, i have seen people wearing those baggy shorts carry fishing tackle etc. in the pockets… what do you expect the police to do…just stand there and wait to be shot at?

having been a kid in Canada , during WW2, I have an abiding hatred for NAZIS…my older brothers fought them…it took along time to even accept Germans as decent people.

in south Florida…everyone carries a gun…the police are well aware of that…do you really expect them to wait around and wait until they get shot at/

And we thought the rats were abandoning the sinking ship! They weren’t abandoning it, THEY WERE BEING EATEN!!!

2 Likes

No, I expect the police to wait for him to lower his ass onto the ground. And if he does anything threatening towards them, their body cams would show justification for the liberal application of tasers or repeated perforation and injection with lead. There was no obvious threat to anyone going on there. He was surrounded by a SWAT team. I don’t think anyone should be tackled in that case, regardless of skin color, and I’d be extremely angry if the same thing that happened to Parscale happened to a black man or anyone else. IT ISN’T RIGHT.

Your belief that he could carry fishing tackle (like a rod and reel) in those too-damn-tight “cargo shorts” is beyond ludicrous. Or perhaps you’re suggesting that he places fish hooks around his groin. Really smart.

Yes, well. Let’s not forget that the Project Management Institute has a vested interest in demonstrating that their raison d’être is actually a thing.
Speaking as one who has actually paid real money to take a course on the subject. Some of which was paid to PMI.

Certainly would have worked out better for everyone, including the victim.

Can we agree that such fears justify action?

Particularly if one is a member of a minority group that is at constant risk of harm?
Talk about your slippery slopes.

Well, it IS a thing.

1 Like

Told ya to fix that stupid orange exhaust port, Brad.

your words, not mine…it does not take a great big gun to shoot someone…how are the police supposed to know he does not have a weapon? you weren’t there, all you saw were snippets of a video.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available