Ex-Pence Chief Of Staff Is Cooperating With Jan. 6 Committee

Yeah. If either of you had more than ‘nuh-uh, you don’t know that for sure’ you’d have said it by now. Please tell me about all the successful government corruption cases where no one got subpoenaed for records for a year since I don’t know how investigations work.
Even with rose colored glasses on you can’t point to a single piece of evidence that there are serious DOJ investigations into the Trump administration going on. If you think that’s normal in a situation this high profile, not much else to say. But the strategy of accusing me of pessimism and providing absolutely nothing of substance isn’t very convincing.
History says there is no investigation. We went through all of this bullshit 12 years ago. You have not even a scintilla of evidence history isn’t repeating itself, but I’m being doom and gloom for noticing.

1 Like

Thanks for making me smile.

2 Likes

I’m lucky enough to have an abundance of hair (and you, being a Wookie, I can only presume…), so maybe i just don’t get it. But I always wonder what he hopes to accomplish by looking just ever so slightly less bald. It only makes him look more vampiric.

2 Likes

Been lucky so far haha, but yeah, guys like him are so vainglorious they can’t help themselves. IMHO, if you’re bald, be fucking bald and rock it…and no, don’t grow the fucking GQPer-goatee mouth-vagina shit, so you look like some desperate fucker who needed to have hair on his head at least somewhere in order to feel like a man. Pathetic.

1 Like

3 Likes

Strong Eddie Munster energy.

2 Likes

Sooo…where’s the ‘good twin’?

2 Likes

Sebastian sent him to fetch the amontillado.

2 Likes

At least he could enjoy listening to ‘Spanish Flea’ while he waited.

Again—DoJ doesn’t trumpet its investigations, nor does it reveal what it subpoenas from anyone. Those things are not automatically public record.

You have no idea what they’re investigating, nor do you know what subpoenas have been issued by DoJ.

2 Likes

Not “Macho Man”?!

2 Likes

Japanese kids I knew called a comb-over “bar-code hair”.

3 Likes

Its an observation.

One that is clearer everyday.

Merrick Garland didn’t want to politicize this so he just left justice to the house.

There have been no subpoenas, no raids, no charges for any of those Republican elected officials or staff involved in plotting and carrying out the insurrection.

There won’t be.

We’re now entering silly season, with midterm filing deadlines becoming due. The time to begin investigating is nearly past.

Garland gave them a pass

1 Like

If they had subpoenaed anyone or anything, Trump and Co. would be screaming bloody murder about it.

There’s this little thing called “building a case that you can’t lose.”
It takes a lot of time, a lot of work, and usually a lot of secrecy, because they don’t want to tip off the subjects or share evidence with them too early in the game.

I love instant gratification as much as anyone, but this is a situation that requires very careful planning and lots of documentation—because our democracy is at stake.

So I’m willing to wait and watch and not put the cart before the horse.
Plus, DoJ is dealing with about 700 assorted indictments re January 6th, and that takes a lot of manpower and man hours.

3 Likes

Who the heck is Mike Pence?

That is he is no Donald Trump. He does not have the power that Trump has to make or break people with the GOP base. Pence also has no chance to be the GOP nominee in 2024, or anytime in the future for that matter, regardless of if Trump runs or not.

As a result, Pence has little control over what his former staffers do or do not. But then, and this is key, neither does Trump or the GOP base.

That is the people being discussed are staffers who hold out no ambition to run for public office. In fact any ambition they do have for their futures would likely be helped by cooperating with the 1/6 committee.

Therefore this is not so much Pence’s revenge as it is people who have no loyalty to Trump or more importantly reasons to be loyal to Trump going their own way.

1 Like

A source told CNN that the committee is getting “significant cooperation with Team Pence.” Another source reportedly told CNN that Short’s cooperation exemplifies the “momentum” behind the committee’s investigation into the events of Jan. 6.

So … this means TFG is being given Short shrift by Team Pence?

1 Like

Yes it is true, IANAL, but I have read accounts that state even if DOJ is being very tight-lipped, certain targets have a vested interest in crying foul about subpoenas, demands for records, and want it publicly known that they are being persecuted by a corrupt or political DOJ and they scream loudly.

Also it is tough to hide raids and seizures and 3rd party subpoenas and document demands…and so far we haven’t heard ANYONE squealing. So if you are trying to find evidence that the DOJ is moving on this stuff…there doesn’t appear to be any of any kind.

They’d be beating their drums for all to hear.

I am thankful, again, for the house doing it’s duty.

I recently watched Adam Schiff struggling with Garland’s inaction. It was heartwrenching for me to watch this hero. He doesn’t want to open this - it is just too liver-liquifying to bear to see what none of us want to see: justice is not being pursued by the DOJ.

The DOJ’s diminishment of the January 6 insurrection goes beyond Trump and his gang. For god’s sake, multiple judges have spoken out about the weakness of the charges brought against those who tried to overthrow our democracy. Some, like Judge Mehta, have gone further in noting the misdirected justice offered by Merrick Garland’s DOJ:

“Those who created the conditions that lead to Mr. Lolos’ conduct have in no meaningful measure been held accountable”

They never will be held accountable. Not by Merrick Garland.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available