Ex-Mueller Prosecutor’s Book On Russia Probe Coming This Fall | Talking Points Memo

NEW YORK (AP) — A top prosecutor for special counsel Robert Mueller has a book coming out this fall about the two-year investigation into the alleged ties between Russia and the 2016 campaign of President Donald Trump.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1320140
1 Like

ICYMI:
Buzzfeed has to FOIA to get some more parts of MR unreacted:

Trump KNEW about leaking HRC’s email in advance
So it seems that
Trump LIED BIGLY on his written answer in Mueller probe.

Meanwhile…

Months too late and 52 Senate RethugniCONS enabling a wanna-be king vote later…
Leningrad Lindsey changes his mind again…like the rat that he is!

Addendum:
Good news for Biden
Bad for IMPeetus…

10 Likes

former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, who pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges in 2018.

After first getting his ass criminally convicted by a jury of his peers.

9 Likes

Work is hectic today – can someone please note the funniest inbound rage tweets?

7 Likes

+1 plz & thenk-yew

1 Like

Alternative Title: “Fuck Yeah! The Orange Shitwit Totally Did It!”

9 Likes

Bill Barr will find classified information in every sentence. In Bolton’s book, he only found classified information on every page.

Big fight brewing over this . . .

3 Likes

Alternative title: In Which I Cash In After Helping Convict a Few Minor Players.

5 Likes

Fake book, by a fake author, on a fake witch hunt.

I give it one :ru:

DJT

4 Likes

What, it’s not like there are multiple pardons and commutations that line up with a cover-up or anything.

Charge Trump after he loses bigly with lying to the IP.

No pardons. No commutations. Slam dunk prosecution.

Retry Flynn and Stone as conspirators.

11 Likes

Trump lawyers vow to sue in 3, 2, 1…

2 Likes

Except that Bolton was working for this Administration. I’m pretty sure Weissman is now in private practice; Barr can go pound sand.

6 Likes

The ex-prosecutor should have released the book long before this fall to inform the American public of the truth uncovered in the investigation. That would have been a patriotic act, rather than wait until the fall.

This guy should be questioned by Congress along with Mueller, who unfortunately has lost a lot of velocity off of his fastball and appeared almost unfit to testify in his previous Congressional appearance. The more agile minds on his investigative team should testify as to the truth of Trump’s crimes.

Release the full, unredacted Mueller Report.

7 Likes

I’ll preorder it, but given how so few read the Mueller Report, I don’t see this book becoming a stocking-stuffer. Probably people will wait for the movie before navigating the gentle eddies and complicated rhythms of this tale. It might just take the Lyn-Manuel Miranda treatment to bring the rich texture of its footnotes and appendices to life. They should probably start with the executive summaries and fill in the finer details through flashbacks, promising to reveal the real story underlying Barr’s obscuring drapery.

2 Likes

One more item of corruption. They do add up, although we are all having our patience tested.

1 Like

Books don’t write themselves instantaneously. The patriotic thing would have been to drop the unredacted report into the laps of every major media outlet approximately five minutes after Barr put out his lying liar who lies statement about it, then go on record about exactly how the investigation came to such an abrupt end and all the matters they were still investigating when it happened.

11 Likes

Can’t wait for the White House’s reaction to the news:

“I am deeply proud of the work we did and of the unprecedented number of people we indicted and convicted — and in record speed. But the hard truth is that we made mistakes. We could have done more. ‘Where Law Ends’ documents the choices we made, good and bad, for all to see and judge and learn from.”

I am glad to hear those words about ‘doing more’ but they had, for quite awhile, all the resources they needed and possibly the most amassed resources for a political investigation ever. If not in manpower, in surveillance resources. And they completely froze the field from any other investigations. Which was harsh, because we had already lost a number of avenues to challenge Chump, the election fraud, emoluments, campaign fraud, influence peddling, inauguration profiteering and money laundering. And more I can’t think of. So Mueller was getting down to one of our last options, and everything went slack for almost 2 years. Many different investigative angles and methods were stalled or suspended or abandoned for lots of different reasons after Mueller’s appointment. Media coverage was purely speculative, Mueller remained absolutely silent, and of course the main culmination of all that was a bored, distracted, ill-informed public. All the things coming out about Chump up to Mueller’s appt. were driving his disapproval and flipping his early approval. After Mueller’s appt his disapproval settled into a long downward glide the rest of Mueller’s tenure.

The country spent 2 crucial years on hold waiting for that report, while Chump normalized obstruction and Rs proved there wasn’t anything they wouldn’t do for Chump…like Intel Chair Nunes stealing info and running it over to WH late at night. Allowing Chump to dismantle every guardrail in the govt…piece by piece. Republicans had 2 yrs of beating Ds over the head with taunts and the ability to act without restraint…and then after the 2018 election…avoiding any price for their lawless behavior.

Mueller’s team KNEW Chump was actively interfering on them and committing fresh offenses every day. If ANYONE knew what he was truly capable of, what would come after they refused to truly ACT, and who Bill Barr was…it was Mueller’s team. They had working knowledge of a global treason scam, where it was harder to find a clean Chump associate than a Chump foreign agent. And Mueller’s team refused to do what was required. Remember when we all were saying that they would have all these cases safeguarded, back up plans, redundancy, thumbdrives, doc dumps, farming out. Very, very little of that panned out.

7 Likes

I think it could be wildly popular. The Mueller report, by design, was bone dry. Weissmann will be able to bring the characters to life, and provide telling details that were “not material” to the Mueller report itself – especially as it concerns people that Mueller chose not to pursue closely (like the entire Trump clan)>

2 Likes

I agree. The unredacted report must be released, even if it’s leaked.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available