Ex-DOJ Official Denies Gaetz’ Extortion Accusation, Slams ‘Blatant Attempt To Distract’ From Probe

David McGee, the ex-Justice Department official whom Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), who is under investigation by the DOJ for possible sex trafficking law violations involving a 17-year-old girl, has accused of extorting him denied the congressman’s accusation on Tuesday night.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1367325
1 Like

What does Nestor say? Is he jealous of the competition?

12 Likes

Matt Gaetz, just like his idol Donnie, cannot and will not STFU. They both need to bloviate. They both have a neediness for attention. They both self-immolate. So be it.

48 Likes

I guess a sex trafficking of girls charge is like the ZZ Top version of the classic beard

7 Likes

“Gaetz’s evidence-free claims”

Sounds like just another day in the Gaetz household.

19 Likes

The truth is out there. Now to find it. h/t X-files

4 Likes

“[McGee] is not involved in the investigation,” Benner told MSNBC host Rachel Maddow. “That person is in private practice and does not work at the Justice Department.”

Indeed. He has been out of the DoJ for 15 years.

44 Likes

That person is in private practice and does not work at the Justice Department.

And that person should also be ginning up a defamation suit.

Gaetz is toast.

44 Likes

I wonder how long Matt’s attorneys are gonna put up with this shit? The dude just compounded his troubles ten-fold, and made their jobs one hundred times harder.

Apparently he has the right to remain silent, but not the ability…

53 Likes

This is why Trump will end up being represented by fourth-raters, at best. No competent attorney will touch him.

24 Likes

Can Gaetz mount an insanity defense? :crazy_face:

12 Likes

It would seem that Mr. McGee may have an actionable claim against soon-to-be-former-Congressman Gaetz.

I suggest suing him for … oh, say, $25 M.

43 Likes

Really looking forward to McCarthy’s statement on this. :laughing:

23 Likes

Profiles in Jello.

29 Likes

He mighta figured that, if it worked for Prez’nent Donnie, it had to work for him.
Then again, though, his bad judgment was nationally displayed in the “storming of the SCIF.”

8 Likes

Probably.

I mean, he apparently mounted underage girls.

And who knows what else he’s mounted.

11 Likes

“Fish flop around before they die.” – David Jolly

22 Likes

And this is what we need to keep in mind. Along with this investigation started under Barr’s watch. Barr issued the directive that all investigations involving current politician had to have his approval.
I’m just waiting to find out what the connection is between McGee and Gaetz, father or son? How do either Gaetz know of McGee.

20 Likes

Not to point out the obvious, but we’ve had to listen to a year of QAnon accusing Dems of child sex trafficking only to wake up to a QAnon favorite son being credibly accused of the same. How many times do we have to hear this song before we finally understand that it’s the GOP’s national anthem?

50 Likes

Only if ‘criminally insane’ will get him off.

5 Likes