Even Fox News Is Tired Of Lindsey Graham’s Groveling For Donations | Talking Points Memo

Just for completeness, then, here’s the AP story (October 1) about Bledsoe’s endorsement of Graham. (I’ve also modified my original comment to add the link.)

1 Like

If Graham is good with the GOP packing the courts with “conservative” ideologues he shouldn’t have any problem with a new Democratic majority government adding seats on the Supreme Court.

The deficit for FY 2019 was $984 billion. The CBO predicted that the COVID-19 pandemic would raise the FY 2020 deficit to $3.7 trillion. The CBO predicted the FY 2021 deficit to be $2.1 trillion.

Covid-19 deaths, 232,291 and rising.

1 Like

He’ll tell you that “increasing the number of conservative judges on the bench” is only fair – because it restores a balance!

Plus you’re talking about a Senator who doesn’t actually think he can be held accountable for what he says about appointments to the court.

As for their consuming interest in “reducing the national debt,” you made a point about deficits which they’ll defeat by ignoring it completely.

Same with their devotion to “upholding the sanctity of life” and the point you made about the way they have (not) handled the pandemic.

2 Likes

Using Dr. Bill Bledsoe to siphon votes away from Graham is an underhanded GOP dirty trick, and I’m glad the Lincoln Project is around to do it. But did you see their recent anti-Graham ad called “Pathetic”?

There is clearly no love lost between Steve Schmidt and Lindsey Graham.

1 Like

You are right Lindsey Graham, we hate your guts. We hate the guts of all slimy, gutless, bold face lying, hypocritical politicians. Don’t flatter yourself, you are just one among many.

1 Like

I hope campaigns make use of the time-honored local approach. At the smallest election district level use campaign funds to hire local party ward heelers to canvass just one block or two each, and assist every registered Democrat in getting to their polling place.

Send over a bunch of free frozen turkeys on Thanksgiving to be delivered to the little people and let them know “Government works for YOU!”, and you’ve got yourself a loyal voter for life! The old ways still work great!

1 Like

i love the sound of GOP sniveling and begging for votes and money on Fox. The smell of their flop sweat smells like victory.

2 Likes

Heh. Looks like Lindsey’s getting spitroasted.

“Oh, you were talking about the little people? Sorry.”.

1 Like

Is he still on the printed ballot? He must be if they are trying to get people to vote for him.

1 Like

Have you notice not a single one of these men (45*, Graham, McConnell) who are sad that ‘they’ hate us think for one solitary second that they aren’t being supported because most people hate them, and that maybe they should try to change from being thieves and liars - 'cause realar decent-type folk kinda don’t like that?

3 Likes

Most grateful for the thought but stop I made a kind of brunch and now I’m hungry again…

1 Like

My bad! :rofl:

1 Like

I’m very susceptible to sudden attacks of appetite, especially for stuff that’s not easily attainable. Years ago there was a restaurant in Philly called “Geechee Girl” that offered the low country stuff. Was there once, but it’s long closed. But I have a nephew who lives about three hours from Charleston, so maybe one day. In the meantime I can try on my own. :fried_shrimp: :crab:

2 Likes

I hear donations will be accepted by the Senator at the Charleston Bus Station’s mens room, stall 2 at 20 bucks per head.

1 Like

Honestly, going on tv and saying that people are donating to your opponent because they hate your guts doesn’t seem like the best campaign message. But that’s just me, I guess.

5 Likes

Being hated by liberals is a badge of honor to these people.

2 Likes

I’ve kept donating, but I unsubscribed from all the emails.

Also I noticed that when you donate through the Get Mitch or Die Trying campaign, you don’t get any emails unless you tell them to share your name. And it’s easier to donate to multiple candidates all in one place. (You can customize your amounts or spread it all out evenly.)

(ETA: though they’ve stopped collecting donations for Jaime because he’s got so much more than the others on their list right now…)

2 Likes

Yes, that was in Germantown. Closed four or five years ago. Same chef now owns and operates the EAT Café on Lancaster.

@castor_troy:

She has a degree from the Echo Chamber Princeton – if you’ll pardon my language.

1 Like

To riff on George Patton’s speech to soldiers preparing for combat deployment:

When this war is over you won’t have to tell your grandkids your only contribution was traveling shit in Louisiana.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available