Even After Trump Declared a National Emergency, Some Talk Radio Hosts Weren’t Convinced | Talking Points Memo

This article first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1299641
1 Like

Steve Bannon? A voice of reason? There’s a man who is taking his personal risk categorization seriously. I mean, I doubt he gives a shit about my mother…

10 Likes

7 Likes

Levin, a prominent conservative asshole

FIFY

15 Likes

Source showing where social distancing is being practiced and where it is not

4 Likes

This will make believers.

" Rachel Maddow Says GOP Governors In The South Are Setting Their States Up For Coronavirus Disaster"

8 Likes

Rapture, Table 2! Rapture, Table 2!!

5 Likes

Rapture Elevator, Going Down

10 Likes

Trouble is these buttheads can afford to be irresponsible and Trump’s too stupid to distinguish between their behavior and how an actual president ought to act. He carries on like this is what he does, the uber-troll, just rousing the rabble. Add to that his pathology and it’s Wednesday on Planet Coronavirus.

22 Likes

Mark Levin’s a conservative nut. No surprise there. Alex Jones is a grifting con man who was ordered to pay $100,000 to Sandy Hook parents in a defamation lawsuit. Again, consider the source.
More here about Jones here:

9 Likes

Speaking of the rapture.

Please can we get a special advanced rapturing of this Kansas Shitpigeon?

29 Likes

OT
I understand that the senate may or may not get together to vote on this virus relief bill today,and the house won’t get together until tomorrow.What is wrong with these people ?

3 Likes

ralph
“.What is wrong with these people?”

5 Likes

LIVE now;

8 Likes

It’s just a firehose of pernicious unseriousness. But I wish I could have been there when the real leaders turned him down. I wonder if he was making a few of his patented smartass remarks? That would go over well, I’m sure, a bit of levity to lighten the mood.

15 Likes

The virus sufferers are crisis actors.

10 Likes

Being a conservative talk show host means never having to say you’re sorry. They know they can spew whatever misinformation they want, no matter how many it kills or injures, because they will never be held accountable. Must be great to have a job with almost no consequences for your words and deeds.

15 Likes

I sincerely believe that the folks advocating for Darwinian Hunger Games should wear a bracelet saying that they do not want any extraordinary care when the ICUs fill up so that the ER docs who are risking their lives can triage them straight to the compassionate care only pile. These are the same people who brought you a country that has more guns than it does people.

20 Likes

Idiots talking about medical matters while using barnyard seat of the pants logic …
Millions of people survive heart attacks … so they really cant be all that serious.
There ain’t any cholera in the United States … so why should we give a crap about it.
If you OD on heroin … that is your fault … why should society pay to give you an antidote.

What is most disturbing is that for some of these assholes … this is just a schtick … an act that they perform cause people eat it up

8 Likes

Pomeo seems to relish being a buffoon, an entirely unserious person. Honestly, I’m a bit surprised. I had always thought of him as a radical conservative, but didn’t expect him to be so childish and juvenile in his pronunciations. It’s as if he’s playing the role of a “heel” in the WWE, except he’s the nation’s diplomat-in-chief.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available