Ethics Committee Opens Investigation Into Gaetz, Reed For Sexual Misconduct Allegations

From the opening sentence:

The House Ethics Committee announced Friday that it is officially launching investigations into Reps. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) and Tom Reed (R-NY) for various allegations of sexual misconduct.

So it looks like they’re investigating not one, but two Republican pondscum, errr, members of Congress, so they give the details of the claims against both of them. It seems that for one brief, shining moment TPM managed to think about more than one thing at a time! :partying_face:

3 Likes

I had a sick barn cat on a Sunday. “Emergency” Vet.

$1,800 later…

9 Likes

“The Committee is aware of public allegations that Representative Matt Gaetz may have engaged in sexual misconduct and/or illicit drug use, shared inappropriate images or videos on the House floor, misused state identification records, converted campaign funds to personal use, and/or accepted a bribe, improper gratuity, or impermissible gift, in violation of House Rules, laws, or other standards of conduct,” the committee said in a press release.

The Ethics Committee is investigating ethics, not necessarily crimes.

17 Likes

Ouch. Even the plumber didn’t charge that much.

4 Likes

Is that going to be a problem? Because if so, apparently the Republicans apparently have a Caucus you can call in to help with that sort of stuff…

8 Likes

Well, on the GQP side, that’ll be like looking for Bison herds in Nebraska in 1900.

7 Likes

Truer love hath no man…

4 Likes

Every time the GOP thinks they are getting some traction with their exaggerated/made up stories we come back at them with reality that bites them hard.

6 Likes

And they will render a report in time for the 2023 elections. But failing to tattle on non-crimes is not a violation of House ethics, or the House would be down to a few hundred members. Well, not really, because all the ethics committee can do is recommend a censure. Nobody wants to be on the ethics committee, in either house.

1 Like

Yeah but he is a great cat, and was really sick. At least he survived.

14 Likes

Glad your cat made it. My kitchen drain recovered fully.

12 Likes

Just wanted to post this again because I enjoyed it so much the first time I read it. Nothing like laying it all out there.

13 Likes

MTG would probably take it. She’s not doing much these days (congress-wise, not fund raising, of course).

4 Likes

:clap: :100:

10 Likes

Even Kevin McCarthy knows better than that.

4 Likes

Which is exactly what the writer did. Read more carefully.

1 Like

TPM has a habit of editing their articles without notice or timestamp to fix their deficiencies, as appears to have happened here. Sometimes they even do it in response to a comment.

6 Likes

It’s important to note that TPM, from time to time, will make edits to already posted articles, that may occur after a reader raises a question on the posted article.

Not saying that happened here, but @occamscoin is one of the more astute posters here.

Edit: and quicker in raising this point than I.

8 Likes

I would really appreciate their help.

I require frequent cracking up these days.

5 Likes

Even if you could, you couldn’t sell it as fiction – it’s too improbable.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available