Esper On Navy Ship Deployment | Talking Points Memo

There’s a reason they call him Trump of South America.

7 Likes

Bingo. I thought it seemed like a good idea when I first read about it. But the more I read, the more I see the flaws. How many people are going to look past the surface?

6 Likes

Very sobering article in ‘Science’ about identification and isolation. I heard about it here [starts at 50sec mark]

Short version–aggressive early testing, followed by isolation can massively reduce cases down the road.

Anyone on Team Trump hear that? hear that hear that hear that
[sound of echoes reverberating in empty skulls]

5 Likes

Will it be christened by the Beautific Bitch of Be Best the “Carona Conestoga”?

Regardless, I’m sure it’ll be the most perfect and the most beautiful because nobody knows more about wagons* — not even his uncle who taught at MIT! — than the rootin’est, tootin’est cowboy cock-holster from Queens himself, Prairie Pirate Putz. He even has built-in spurs, you know!

*Actually, they’ll likely be more suitable for gravy trains rather than wagon trains.

5 Likes

In less time than it will take for either ship to make it to a port, China had set up 16 temporary hospitals.They helped treat 13,000 patients.
Time lapse video of a large one going up in ten days. Amazing:

9 Likes

Each ship has about 1,000 beds. Won’t do squat to free up the resources COVID-19 patients require.

6 Likes

South Korea is the model.

1 Like

Sigh. If only Dr. Seheult was a blond with a DD cup. Then maybe he’d watch it.

2 Likes

[in my best Eddie Murphy as Gumby voice] “Just because, dammit!”

3 Likes

The real killer is that after the economy has utterly crashed and millions have died, President Biden will have the opportunity to be a modern-day FDR. And if the GOP isn’t dead and gone, they will sink us even further. We need our own country.

4 Likes

I bet the ambulance service is going to be hella expensive.

1 Like

Business.

FTM

1 Like

Trump skirted that question before asserting that the Chinese “probably would agree” with the coronavirus as the “Chinese” virus, though Chinese officials have made it clear they do not.

Yeah, there’s nothing the Chinese want more than to be thought of as a global pariah. The moron kept all of his vile prejudices intact beginning January 2017 including xenophobia.

8 Likes

That’s very impressive. I hope the building itself outlives the virus.

1 Like

Inslee and Whitmer are being cited as two of the several governors of either party who did a fine job without relying on the Federal government. It’s cold comfort, but to know there are grown ups in charge is reassuring.

11 Likes

Puerto Rico, my heart’s devotion, let it sink back in the ocean. s/Donald The Cruel

4 Likes

Wonder when it will occur to the maladmin to host another Infrastructure Week and build some hospitals, and repair some bridges and roads while they’re at it.

3 Likes

The Hilton Hotel in downtown Seattle had 5 guests last night. My neighbor’s son was the valet supervisor until he was laid off today. He told me the hotel will close down tomorrow. I feel fortunate that my adult children work in public sector jobs. Both are now working from home.

8 Likes

Do they have room for a fat person with a fake tan who has had a lobotomy?

FIFY

3 Likes

Hey we could use the tossed paper products.

8 Likes