Esper Claims Ignorance Of Who Cleared Lafayette Square

There is video of Milley and Barr at the command center before the police attack. He knows who was in command there and who they were taking their orders from.

1 Like

And lying to Congress about their orders, is that also the best they can do?

Which is worse, knowing or not knowing? “Defense Secretary Mark Esper maintained at a committee hearing Thursday that it’s “still unclear” to him who gave the order to clear D.C.’s Lafayette Square of protesters for President Donald Trump’s photo-op in front of St. John’s Church.”

It is rude not to use Esper’s full title:

United States Secretary of Defense of Public Toilets

1 Like

He is the Seccretary of Defense and his best answer is that he does not know because… he didn’t ask? And he follows that up with basically saying he knows whom to ask. That’s pretty baldfaced.

2 Likes

hmmm, so if he’s in charge and “someone” under his command made a huge mistake but he doesn’t know who, isn’t it his duty to take responsibility and resign?

2 Likes

“We stand by those actions,” White House…

Funny none of the “brave” souls in charge want to stand by theirs, but if we didn’t know before, okay we did, but this administration has made it clear to all but the most obtuse among us that the entirety of the Conservative movement are cowards, big fucking cowards.

2 Likes

That would be the honorable thing to do, but we know that anyone with any honor didn’t get involved with this administration or left a long long time ago.

1 Like

‘LALALALALALALA…I never heard that! I can’t BELIEVE that! Whaaaaaaaaat???’

Have they blamed Obama yet?

1 Like

Support VoteVets. They are real progressives, unlike the Lincoln Project people who want us to believe that the Republican Party was perfect until Trump came along.

1 Like

Aaaaaaarghhhhhh…

New @woodruffbets exclusive: Travers says America’s intelligence agencies risk slipping back into dangerous pre-9/11 habits. He detailed his concerns to the intelligence community’s inspector general. About a week later, he was summarily ousted. https://t.co/X48Vzl88P8 @politico

— Carrie Budoff Brown (@cbudoffbrown) July 10, 2020
2 Likes

#BREAKING: Press Sec. Kayleigh McEnany refuses to comment on Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman retirement: "With Col. Vindman, I'm not going to focus or comment on a former junior employee." pic.twitter.com/3e9xpOtoE5

— The Hill (@thehill) July 9, 2020

Imagine spending 8 years as an infantry officer, 7 years as a foreign area officer, 5 years on the Joint Staff, and nearly 2 years at the White House...

Only to be called a 'former junior employee' by someone who hasn't even had her job for 100 days. https://t.co/rprIv9uw78

— The Helpful S-1 (@Helpful_S1) July 10, 2020
4 Likes

Orders were given. “will no one rid me of this turbulent peaceful protest?”

And by the end of it the trumpstazi did get to gas a church and assault the priest so… perhaps closer to reality than I had expected to be when I started writing this.

3 Likes

If everyone in the administration claims to not know who gave the order, then they’re basically admitting they are no better than the Keystone Cops or Three Stooges.

It doesn’t instill a lot of confidence.

2 Likes

And begs the question - how many other orders come from nowhere? Do soldiers have legal protection, or culpability, if they are following orders that come from no one? Is this a new novel criminal defense - “I was just following orders, im sure there was an order… but, I cannot remember who gave the order. so we HAD to commit war crimes. and you should be thankful or else we would had to commit even MORE war crimes”

An accounting firm that started noticing unexpected withdrawals would do a complete audit. It’s really not that hard to understand.

2 Likes

Yeah.

Could be he’s lying. Could be he’s just in way over his head. He’s not my focus right now. Possibly never will be. I smell me a bigger-fish fry.

1 Like

The republicans have used “I am completely incompetent” as a defense to charges of criminality for decades. They have become the party of dishonor.

1 Like

My money’s on Billy.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available