Ernst: GOP Could Impeach Biden | Talking Points Memo

A day before the Iowa caucuses, Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) entertained the idea of impeaching Joe Biden if he were to win the presidency in this year’s election during an interview with Bloomberg News Sunday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1288580

The stupid is strong with this one.

76 Likes

“Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) entertained the idea of impeaching Joe Biden if he were to win the presidency…”

And thus, the GOP Senate’s lie of “Removing a duly-elected President would just be TOO DIVISIVE for America!” is laid bare, in all its glorious bullshit.

135 Likes

Bring it, Joni. Perhaps it hasn’t occurred to you that if Biden is elected, the House will most certainly remain in the hands of the Democrats.

88 Likes

The Repubs really do fear Biden. They can’t help telegraphing their thinking. I’d love to see their internal polls.

63 Likes

What kind of insane shit is this? Impeach Biden? Seriously? She is out of her fucking mind.

54 Likes

Wait a minute, aren’t they the ones saying that Democrats wanted to impeach Trump from day one?
And here they are trying to impeach Biden before day one.
I think a few Republicans even suggested Hillary could be impeached over the email server if she had won.

62 Likes

The bullshit is laid bare? But their lips were moving, so it’s always been there.

Once again. IOKIYAR. I just hope Biden isn’t still spouting his feelgood bullshit about Republicans.

22 Likes

And it took days! That might be a record.

17 Likes

I see some folks get diarrhea of the mouth when they don’t get much nationwide media time.

" Ernst Warns That GOP Could Impeach Biden Over Ukraine If He Wins Election"

8 Likes

At least the GOP is never petty, and doesn’t hold grudges.

31 Likes

So she honestly believes the country would elect Joe Biden president while simultaneously flipping the House back to the Republicans? Really?!?! I mean, how else could Joe Biden be impeached?
Man, she’s even dumber than she looks!!!

66 Likes

I don’t think her reelection is in the bag either.

OT:
Anyone else hear Trump saying “Little Mike” asked for a box to stand on for the upcoming debate on Hannity’s show last night?

Last night, and in a preview clip from his Sean Hannity Super Bowl interview, Trump made the claim that Bloomberg is trying to get a “box” he can stand on during the debate.

The Bloomberg campaign has fired back in a statement this morning that actually says: “The president is lying. He is a pathological liar who lies about everything: his fake hair, his obesity, and his spray-on tan.”

Love their response.

73 Likes

OUCH !!!

" ‘Vapid propaganda’: Fox Sports faces fan backlash after Sean Hannity segment ‘ruins’ Super Bowl"

PEOPLE ARE NOT HAPPY .

49 Likes

This is wrong. No doubt about it. Because I was literally just told by Republicans that impeachment overturns the will of the people -even in the last year of the term! Are you seriously telling me Republicans are hypocrites?

Just knock me over with this feather I always keep handy for such occasions.

42 Likes

You’re better at castrating hogs than vote-counting, I suspect. :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

“We’ll totally impeach Biden!”

“Okay, so I guess we’ll elect Sanders or Warren then.”

19 Likes

They want to abort an unborn President? Of course they do when it’s a Democrat.

18 Likes

… because “this door of impeachable whatever has been opened.”

That. Doesn’t. Make. Sense. In. English.

24 Likes

As always, the questions is whether this is mendacity or stupidity.

29 Likes