Enough Already With The Endless Insistence On Dem Bipartisanship

Originally published at: Enough Already With The Endless Insistence On Dem Bipartisanship

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. An Unprecedented Bipartisan Effort One of the persistent conceits of the fuzzy, supposedly non-ideological DC establishment – a conceit shared by way too many political editors – is that everyone in public life should work…

Maybe Frist! Now I’ll read the MM

63 Likes

52 Likes

Kamala, Obama and Eminem in Detroit today.

81 Likes

Good piece from Marcy Wheeler.

Kamala Harris against Despair - emptywheel

44 Likes

“Real Americans”

Recent Axios Poll

57 Likes

Elon just needs to be deported already.

73 Likes

When most of us see Trump’s recent behavior, we see a cognitively demented and morally degenerate indictee for multiple felonies, but the Politico wise guys detect a savvy and perfectly legitimate campaign strategy to attract certain voting demographics.

A perfect example of the deep intellectual corruption of the American political press.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/21/trump-arnold-palmer-masculinity-gender-00184770

63 Likes

An interesting exchange.

Dat’s right, de woman is uh, smarter…

Dat’s right, Dat’s right

114 Likes

RE: Bipartisanship

After yesterday’s liebesmahl in Pennsylvania, my wife said, “If Harris wins, she needs to find a place in her administration for Liz Cheney.” It’s one of the rare points on which we disagree: Cheney’s policy beliefs are anathema to me. As far as I’m concerned, Cheney will get what she signed up for if Harris wins, and she should get nothing else.

Cheney can become the loyal opposition as opposed to the general GQP’s disloyal opposition. If Harris feels a need to offer Cheney something, she can make her ambassador to the country of Liz’s choice, excluding China, Russia, etc. Nothing more than that, and certainly not any policy making role in the Harris administration.

ETA: Grammar correction. The missing auxiliary verb bothered me that much.

65 Likes

Does it get a horse if it gets to 69?

15 Likes

No, it just sucks the chrome off the bumper hitch.

20 Likes

This is sad on so many fronts.
So is there a category for how much education a person has? And age.

18 Likes

Every democracy contains the seeds of its own destruction.

48 Likes

60 Likes

What’s with discord (or whatever) automatically keeping you scrolled to the latest comment? Makes it hard to follow a comment discussion (which is why I’m here in the first place).

14 Likes

What Trump II Could Look Like

This morning’s (our time) text from our son in Finland:

“I spent the day preparing a talk I’m giving this evening on the possible future of democratic & social institutions if trump wins. God it’s depressing.”

53 Likes

Not that i could see, but I think we can guess. Here’s the archived article.

https://archive.is/zwtUM

ETA, Interesting that “unaffiliated” in the religion category is the most tolerant category, except for Black Protestants.

31 Likes

Jennings is the perfect fit for: “A man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest”.

41 Likes

Interesting that white mainstream Protestants are now more liberal than white Catholics, an inversion from the New Deal coalition. Of course, the intolerant among the Protestants became Bible thumpers. But also white Catholics moved right, as evidenced by creeps like Vance and 2/3rds of the Catholic bishops in the US.

31 Likes