Emails Show Ginni Thomas Lobbied State Lawmakers To Subvert Election

Ginni Thomas, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’ wife and a well-connected right-wing activist in her own right, lobbied two Republican lawmakers in Arizona to overturn the 2020 election results, emails reported by The Washington Post show. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1415809
1 Like

Ginni Thomas, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’ wife and a well-connected right-wing activist in her own right, lobbied two Republican lawmakers in Arizona to overturn the 2020 election results, emails reported by The Washington Post show.

The wife of a sitting Supreme Court Justice. Unbelievable. They’re going too far and must be stopped.

83 Likes

Oh yeah, this is a thing. Guess it’s time for the Democrat’s to send more money to Ukraine. We wouldn’t want to focus too much attention on Ginni and her husband now would we?

3 Likes

Frantic Dispatcher: “The calls are coming from inside the Court!”

74 Likes

What do you call this? Please tell us who has the authority to charge her and what should the punishment be?

Then I’ll wait for @txlawyer to give his opinion about this.

27 Likes

I think Clarence needs to be removed for allowing his property to act foolish.

61 Likes

The emails also requested a meeting with the legislators “so I can learn more about what you are doing to ensure our state’s vote count is audited and our certification is clean.”

Does Ginni live in Arizona? Or, does she just vote there?

55 Likes

Conspiracy to defraud the United States. No doubt in cahoots with Eastman.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/371

ETA: That is not a prediction, just to be clear. Just identifying what the criminal charge would be.

ETA2: And her best defense would be that she didn’t intend to do fraud because she’s really just a deluded moron.

ETA3: And those messages were clearly written for Ginni Thomas, not by her. She has a ghostwriter. So it’s a real conspiracy to defraud. She’s not freelancing on her own.

91 Likes

Insurrection “May-I-Speak-To-The-Manager” Karen has been busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.

32 Likes

If Coke Can Clarence doesn’t recuse himself from any upcoming cases tied to the insurrection, that will destroy any lingering vestiges of respect for the court…except on the far right.

42 Likes

Oh! That sounds delightfully illegal.

28 Likes

“Before you choose your state’s Electors … consider what will happen to the nation we all love if…”

With Ginni and her husband, it’s more of a love/hate relationship.

11 Likes

Clarence Thomas decries the politicalization of SCOTUS, yet will not recuse when circumstances demand it.

58 Likes

But no, it’s the leak of Alito’s draft that permanently damaged the credibility of the SCOTUS.

43 Likes

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, or has that been changed by the Supremes as well when it involves spouses? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

25 Likes

Fraud requires either intent to deceive or reckless indifference to the truth or falsity of the allegedly fraudulent statements.

Ginni seems to actually believe her bullshit. She really is that dumb.

37 Likes

When I first read this I thought the same thing, but lower down it mentions that Ginni was using:

The messages appeared to come from a form letter website that makes it easy for activists to write to lawmakers, the Washington Post noted: They were sent from an email address labeled “Ginni Thomasnoreply@freeroots.com.”

So using this letter website creates the script so that the sender appears to be a resident instead the wife of a SC Justice. It just so happened that her letter got sent to one person who knows and worked with Thomas. Irony exploded.

40 Likes

I call it reckless indifference to the truth.

25 Likes

For Christmas, I would like the removal of one Clarence Thomas from the Supreme Court either by resignation, impeachment or any other means so Biden gets to nominate a proper judge before McTurtle gets control of the Senate.

I also want a Red Rider BB gun for which I promise not to shoot my eye out.

35 Likes

It seems since they packed the court they all feel invulnerable.

35 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available