Election Truthers Learn A Lesson From ‘Stalin’ As They Look Toward November - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Absurdities breed atrocities.

5 Likes

lincoln-internet-quote

10 Likes

Mike Collins is going to be mad.

1 Like

2 Likes

Then Nostradamus quoted Obama.

3 Likes

I work elections, counting absentee ballots. I have a t-shirt (that I made) with (essentially) this quote, with a picture of Stalin above it.

IIRC, a senator (Schumer?) said this on the floor and some Republican accused him of quoting Stalin. He corrected him – it’s a quote from a Tom Stoppard play. (https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/18209-it-s-not-the-voting-that-s-democracy-it-s-the-counting)

3 Likes

You forgot George Carlin

1 Like

On the bright side, being an election worker is too much like actual work, so not many Republicans will be interested in it.

Would love to know what the average age of we subscribers actually is :wink:

(Or we could now be a little closer to knowing what @castor_troy actually looks like!)

1 Like

I’m sorry, could we circle back to the part where the Stalin-quoters call it the Missoula County Republican Central Committee?

4 Likes

No surprise that Republicans should approvingly quote what they think is a saying from Stalin. The political spectrum isn’t a straight line, it’s more doughnut shaped, hence the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. One of the GOP’s ideological enforcers told us years ago about the identity of belief that totalitarians on the right and left have:

“I’m a Leninist. Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment."

----Steve Bannon

2 Likes

Victor and Donny sittin’ in a tree …

Trump Lavishes Praise on Orban During Fete at Mar-a-Lago

• Former president calls Hungarian premier a ‘fantastic leader’

Anyone supporting Republicans in any way is enabling Republicans generally, which is enabling the destruction of what’s left of our democracy.

Republicanism is assholery, pretty much without exception.

Anyone supporting Republicans in any way is, politically, a dumbass and/or an asshole. There is no way around this. It is an astonishing and frightful fact that about 45% of our fellow Americans are like this: fucked in the head, politically speaking you understand. My guess is that most on the left refuse to acknowledge this. It’s a form of denial/delusion unto itself.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available