Election Official Has Grim Warning About A Future Of More Big Lies

giphy

Okay, got it! It’s all the Dems fault. They are the mastermind behind the “Big Lie” misinformation campaign.

6 Likes

He (she) was being facetious.

8 Likes

Putin’s takeover of the US election apparatus is going much better than his cakewalk invasion.

13 Likes

The goobers have never gotten over The New Deal and have hated FDR for 80+ years. This is their path back to the oligarchical republic that the founders so obviously intended.

22 Likes

I think the GOP would be fine with letting powerful interests in the private sector do whatever they want to do.

12 Likes

Imagine Mississipi, Texas or Alabama as a model for the federal government.

18 Likes

I actively choose to be more angry at the people undermining Democracy than the people who I feel are not perceiving the danger or doing enough to prevent it. Once you do that, you have to take things into your own hands and make those people fight for you. Either way, we’re going to have to fight for ourselves, which will personally cost us.

10 Likes

This story may well be the darkest thing I’ve read in I-don’t-know-when. Thanks, I guess?

What is needed is the a groundswell of civic mindedness to replace those election workers driven out by threats and harrassment. Is it already too late?

11 Likes

6 Likes

OT: The 5th circuit just ruled that the SEC has no constitutional right to enforce anything.

Can’t wait for this to be upheld on the shadow docket.

17 Likes

So our entire country is on the verge of oligarchy/autocracy because a narcissistic reality show host could not admit he lost. I remember seeing all of the crazies in downtown Phoenix protesting the election - they looked exactly like you think they would look. The people and media entities that continue to support this insanity are creating a basis for violence and chaos, apparently with no thought, no regret, no remorse, and no plan for what to do when they completely lose control of the monster they are trying to ride.

Honestly never thought it would come to this - I am so scared for my children and grandchildren.

19 Likes

Indeed, look at their track record with their pretend confederacy. Shitty back then, shitty now.

4 Likes

Don’t forget Florida.

4 Likes

These posts being full of alarm is good. I see people who are looking for a spark to go against the Right and the GOP.

The real battles are everywhere, but especially in the swing states and we are going to use every legal resource at our disposal.

One good thing:

The Sarandons, Nina Turners, Jill Steins and the like are gone from our midst…

OT By the Way…a suggestion: This thread should have hundreds of comments. This article’s topic is that important, and the volume of comments will indicate our strength and resolve

6 Likes

Matta spoke to TPM a few weeks after leaving his job at the secretary of state’s office. He was worried about the attrition of election workers in the face of continued attacks and threats.

He is worried about what he himself did, he quit.

2 Likes

White male supremacy, slavery, guns and bibles. What could possibly go wrong?

4 Likes

We forget the silliness and fecklessness leading up to the 2016 election at our peril.

9 Likes

Yep. Think of the massive donations they’d get.

1 Like

Don’t let Georgia feel neglected!

3 Likes

I ain’t taking the rap. I spent way more money than I should have, voted the right way, talked to co-workers and family, wrote letters and texted local media. Could I have done more? Of course.

We’ve got a lot of eggs in the Jan. 6th Committee basket, I think we all need to do what we can to lay groundwork for their report. I know it’s going to be a shitshow of epic proportions, that’s why we need to help them out as best we all can.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available