Eastman Gets A Two Day Delay In Disbarment Trial – So He Can Surrender In Georgia

The judge overseeing John Eastman’s disbarment proceedings in California is granting a delay in proceedings, but only to accommodate the former Trump lawyer’s planned surrender to authorities in Fulton County, Georgia.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1466756
2 Likes

Wonder what kind of career he has as a backup?

Inmate?

28 Likes

Faux legal analyst (even if he’s incarcerated).

14 Likes

Welcome to life after embracing Trump, Mr. Eastman. You thought he was the ticket to riches and power. Rolled the dice and lost, now take your rewards.

39 Likes

“Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work. But I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I’m swamped!”

25 Likes

Drink the Grape Kool-Aid and yer doomed…

6 Likes

Look on the bright side, he got a delay.

11 Likes

Jail janitor
No disrespect meant to janitors

11 Likes

Interesting factoid; research has shown it is nearly impossible to overdose on schadenfreude. And how I love watching this arrogant prick, who believes he was doing something noble, who thinks he can talk his way out of anything, who desperately wants to get out of any consequences whatsoever for his misadventure, get his. My cup runneth over this morning.

34 Likes

If you don’t have time to get disbarred because you’re busy getting arrested, you might’ve made some questionable choices along the way.

Looking at you, John Eastman.

👀

— Jack E. Smith ⚖️ (@7Veritas4) August 22, 2023
45 Likes

Eastman surrendered this morning. So what’s the problem of him being in California on Wednesday? Is he walking?

Excerpts:

John Eastman, the disgraced attorney and author of the so-called “coup memo” that outlined a plan to overturn election results in Georgia, surrendered at the same jail shortly after Hall on Tuesday morning.

In a statement, Eastman said he was surrendering “to an indictment that should never have been brought.”

18 Likes

A gilder to frame….

:grinning::sweat_smile::joy::rofl::joy::sweat_smile::grinning:

4 Likes

Jailhouse lawyer. And Prison reformer once he gets out. Seems like all prison reformers were law and order conservatives that did time in the tank.

13 Likes

This song has been running through my head lately.

22 Likes

Perfect way to rule in Eastman’s favor: 2 day delay to be arraigned. That means he keeps his law license for a whole 2 days longer prior to losing it.

18 Likes

Prisons are teeming with people that share that same thought.

24 Likes

Or, as Rick Wilson states, Everything Trump Touches Dies, or ETTD in short.

18 Likes

A backup to Gladys Knight? Maybe.

He’s leaving (leaving)
On that midnight train to Georgia (leaving on a midnight train)
Hmm, yeah
Said he’s going back (going back to find)
To a simpler place and time (and when he takes that ride)
Oh yes, he is (guess who’s gonna sit right by his side)

18 Likes

For days now I’ve been thinking: Recall how we whined about when TFG would get prosecuted? It’s happening now and it’s fun.

19 Likes

Hey donsld lookee what “perfect phone calls” get youse.

10 Likes