Durham Report Isn’t About The Past. It’s About The Future.

Let’s see what happens down the road with Smith and Company. I know one thing: although we are correct in our assessments of our situation, we will never successfully succeed against the GOP without matching their emotion.

7 Likes

And possibly
4. If they try to run for office, they may find themselves barred by the 14th Amendment’s prohibition on insurrectionists holding office. Hey, it happened in New Mexico!

3 Likes

… but if it works for just one election, the MAGArepubs of the Lege will have won. A continuing Republican strategy has been to pass clearly unconstitutional laws, knowing that it takes a long time – and STANDING – to bring court cases to get them overturned. Meanwhile, Republicans reap the benefits. So what if they were “wrong”? They got what they wanted. Rinse and repeat.

6 Likes

Exactly, this is the classic “preaching to the choir”.

Those who do not care about facts or thought but only believe, get what they want from the Durham report. Barr knows this and that is why he went to such trouble.

4 Likes

This was not the first time as AG that Barr gave cover to Republican evil doers. “ Then-Attorney General Barr supported the president’s decision in the Iran-Contra case, which gave clemency to people who had been officials in the administration of President Ronald Reagan, including former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger.”

4 Likes

Merrick Garland knew it too. He had a duty to stop this fraud from ever seeing the light of day.

We had procedures in place to prevent the misuse of the Department of Justice. Merrick failed to exercise his oversight duties here. He allowed the Republicans to inject this wad of propaganda into our next election.

§ 600.8 Notification and reports by the Special Counsel.© Closing documentation. At the conclusion of the Special Counsel’s work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.

“[A] large degree of responsibility” will be removed from the Department of Justice. Special Counsel will have “day-to-day independence.” … Of central importance, “ultimate authority for the matter and how it is handled will continue to rest with the Attorney General.” For that reason, “the regulations explicitly acknowledge the possibility of review of specific decisions reached by the Special Counsel.”

It was clear a year ago that Durham was on a political mission. Garland allowed that corrupt mission to be completed under his watch.

Garland is also continuing the extremist cases that Jeffrey Clark had brought during his corrupt time at DOJ. In one of the worst cases, Garland’s DOJ if fighting the Navajo’s suit to get water. The Navajo are receiving just 7 gallons per resident vs an average over 100 gallons to other communities and our DOJ is working against them.

Garland has betrayed this country with his timidity and failure to fulfill his duties. Garland needs to resign.

1 Like

With the complete complicity of the mainstream media who could actually have had a news-worthy story about how a president’s campaign was corrupted and influenced by Russia, and later Saudi Arabia. In the 70s this story would have made reporters’ careers.

3 Likes

Won’t you help me sing
These songs of cowardice?
'Cause all I ever have
No redemption songs
No redemption songs

Emancipate yourselves from facts
None but Fox can free your mind
Have no fear for atomic energy
'Cause we’ll be long dead before that time.
We’ll kill all their prophets
While ABC news stands aside and looks.
Oh I’ve just got to say it
Please go out and buy my book.

These songs of cowardice?
'Cause all I ever have
No redemption songs
No redemption songs

4 Likes

No!

2 Likes

…that their way was the only way, fellow American citizens’ votes be damned

they weren’t planning that far ahead with the privilege thing

2 Likes

Dear 4, I like and respect you. But I’m not going to get a giant Biden flag and fly it from my car, nor write in sharpie on a t-shirt that Kamala can grab my pussy, nor carve Biden’s name in the back of a hapless manatee. sorry.

The Durham Report

Whataboutism indeed. The deflection is strong with this one. Dredging up debunked conspiracies to counter republican misdeeds is about protecting the republican brand while Trump’s future will be a mountain of manure for them to overcome.

The cult will point to Durham’s report when nothing else can defend the party.

3 Likes

I drove over two thousand miles from Michigan to the Pacific in late summer of 2019.

Along the way I saw Trump signs painted on the sides of barns, and busses, even spelled out with petunias on a lawn.

I did see a couple of faded Bernie stickers as we drove along I-80.

Western Iowa rolls into the great interior wasteland of Nebraska and Wyoming. And all throughout the many empty spaces a startling number of derisive anti-Democratic signs, flags, bumper stickers, and billboards are on display. It is a scorn people festoon upon their hats and patriotically themed clothing. I saw it inside nearly every stop along the way.

I remember a brief respite through Utah. Maybe I missed something in the bright wonder of the Great Salt Lake and the nearby splendor. I didn’t see the hate in Utah.

Then I was off the interstate at Winnemucca, I believe. Heading Northwest toward Klamath Falls. We once
went 178 miles between gas stations. Every now and then, scanning toward the horizon, I’d spot a tailor or a few buildings. Even in this pit of nothingness, I still saw a couple of Trump signs off of long empty driveways.

We scoff at all those red people looking pridefully at their distorted meme maps. The maps simply confirm what their eyes and their neighbors tell them.

This distorted view of Democratic support is what powers Donald Trump’s election lies. Everything they see around them becomes a confirmation of their overwhelming political strength.

1 Like

This map causes them to think that whoever leads in county square mileage geography should win the election. Thus we have the Electoral College strategy/abomination:

2 Likes

Remember Rocky and Bullwinkle?
“This time for sure.”

That map with a population density map ven would probably be 90%+ contiguous.

1 Like

“interior wasteland,” “pit of nothingness”

That’s some pretty ugly condescension bordering on dehumanizing bigotry, not so far from “shithole countries.”

Go ahead and criticize the Trump support and derisive MAGAness that you saw, but don’t conclude that everyone there is that awful and that the whole region is a wasteland. Let’s leave that kind of thinking to the other side.

This is a very well written piece.
Thank you Francis Wilkinson.

Who said everyone there is that awful?

My conclusion was that you’ll never see any sign of the Democratic Party as you drive across 2,000 miles of this stretch of America - except for the derisive comments on signs, and the clothes people wear. And this is bad because “This distorted view of Democratic support is what powers Donald Trump’s election lies. Everything they see around them becomes a confirmation of their overwhelming political strength.”

You miss the word “distorted.”

I included it because I’ve been there. I know what it is like to live in Steve King’s former district. I came of age in Eagle Grove, Iowa. Being a Democrat there must be like being gay in the 1950s. They’ve been driven underground, brow-beaten into silence, or just given up politics.

The absence of any positive sign of the Democratic Party allows the Republicans to paint the picture of their opposition.

If you’re in this wasteland, then dust off your jacket and make inquiries why they don’t believe Biden won in 2020. This is something I have done many, many times.

The most common answer I get is some version of “No way did Biden get that many million more votes than Trump. I don’t know anybody who voted for Biden.”

1 Like

Barr supports fascism, not Trumpism.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available