Duckworth Rips Into Doug Collins | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) fired back at Rep. Doug Collins’ (R-GA) assertion that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) decision to hold a vote on the War Powers resolution shows that Democrats are “in love with terrorists.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1283751

Wonder why GOPers like Doug Collins are suddenly in a hurry to include emails as part of privileged attorney-client communications.

I suspect it is to protect themselves.

19 Likes

See, this is how you properly respond to all this GOP chicken-hawk bullshit.

25 Likes

She’s right, of course, but she’s also not his audience.

To his audience this is catnip-flavored Kool-Aid.

6 Likes

Doug Collins left several of his body parts in rural Georgia.

10 Likes

A pity that none of them were his mouth.

32 Likes

Presumably so those exemplars of Trumpist regard for the national weal, Paul Manafort and General Flynn, can freely communicate with their new attorney, Rudy Ghouliani.
As for Collins, the Democrats should nail his ass to the wall over Donnie’s demonstrable disrespect for gold star families.

16 Likes

She or someone else needs to mention the Kazir Khan family when these assholes bring up Gold Star families.

14 Likes

A dog snatched them up and ran off with them before he could get them into his mouth.

2 Likes

It’s great to hear a Dem ripping back at this jerk, but…

We invaded Iraq and many of those “terrorists” were Iraqis fighting the occupation.

8 Likes

Bravo, Tammy! Collins’ grotesque claims and histrionics are outrageous and divisive, just like the claims of DJT!

14 Likes

He left parts of his brain in his mother’s uterus…

8 Likes

Again, what’s wrong with, “I left parts of my body in Iraq fighting terrorists. I don’t need to justify myself to anyone…idiot.”

6 Likes

First, well done Senator! I wish you were my senator!

Second:

just desserts

is an excellent bakery San Francisco.

“just deserts” is what Senator Duckworth said with the meaning of “gets what he deserves.”

TPM, please hire a proof reader with a good grasp of the English language.

10 Likes

Collins is the worst kind of REMF. Talks real big and hides behind a part time officer’s cross of patriotism.

8 Likes

How many times can I rec’d this?

2 Likes

There is no bottom is there?

1 Like

We (all of us) need to start thinking about who we elect to represent us. Local level, State Level,
Governors, Representatives, Senators, and of course, Presidents. We currently have pitiful representation. By all that, I mean, first, we get rid of Republicans who are really old white male cretins who do not represent our interest Then, we get rid of Democrats who are really old white male cretins who do not represent our interest, etc., etc. You get the point. It is no longer a white male populace. Support women, people of color, young people. I am 68. I go with the next generation. We have pretty much ruined the world. Stand aside.

7 Likes

Joni Ernst got to him? Would explain a helluva lot…

5 Likes

When “Christians” like Collins ask us to celebrate death and murder we have all the evidence that Religion fails.

I am not saddened by the death of a cruel general, but I wish I was. I wish I could stand by my convictions and mourn all death, even that of evil men. This comes from me as a humanist, and a believer in peace, not a follower of the pascifist day laborer from Galilee.

But those who claim to be Christian and ask us to celebrate death? Have they not read the new testament? Do they not love their enemies?

6 Likes