Dominion Sues Giuliani For $1.3B Over ‘Big Lie’ Defamation Damages | Talking Points Memo

The voting machine company Dominion on Monday sued former President Donald Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani for defamation, seeking $1.3 billion for what it described as a months-long “Big Lie” about the company. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1356472
1 Like

It’ll be like squeezing blood from a turnip.

8 Likes

Good for them. Republicans kept saying that the claims were never heard in court. The truth is an absolute defense. Rudy can always prove he was right in discovery. Or he could lose his ass.

24 Likes

Sue them all. Aggressively. Seek the maximum punishments.

16 Likes

He’s really going to need that payment from Trump. Too bad, Rudy.

12 Likes

I’ll settle for a pound of flesh, straight from the mouth, or I want CASH in hand.

3 Likes

Lawyer for Just For Men®: “Get in line!”

3 Likes

Legal Twitter seems to think this will survive at least to discovery, which would be absolutely fucking delicious.

20 Likes

Good for Dominion. They are getting out the big guns and going after these people. They got Faux News to really back down with a similar lawsuit. Just goes to show they are not screwing around.

22 Likes

I wish these guys the best. Pretty much no one has been this aggressive about cynical Republican fear-mongering by openly and cravenly lying.

11 Likes

After the suit, the drops of dye will be rolling down his cheeks.
The harm these clowns have engendered is substantial: I’m behind taking them for all they’re worth.
In fact, I wanna see Ghouliani pass his declining years working a street corner with a squeegee and knocking back refreshers from a bottle of Wild Irish Rose.
His life should realize the threat he so remorselessly and cavalierly brought to others.

12 Likes

We need a ‘Rudi sweating blood rather than hair dye’ meme right about now. Serves the old goat right.

11 Likes

So… Rudy won the TPM “duke off”, but the old Duke got the Trump pardon.

And now Rudy is staring down the barrel of a massive law suit.

Rudy does not seem to have much of a winning streak going these days.

ETA: Unless these pocket pardons are a real thing.

10 Likes

Rudy Guiliani needs to be sued into penury for his defamation of Dominion. He can then go to prison for his many crimes as a criminal accessory to Trump’s mendacious scheme to steal the 2020 election.

10 Likes

A turnip that shakes the foundations of our democracy has it coming.

5 Likes

I’d settle for something like this:

bricks

6 Likes

Not a lawyer but these are civil proceedings which Trumps pardons don’t impact??? I suspect Rudy is going to be dripping Shinola as he slowly twists in the breeze.

8 Likes

Rudy will claim he’s not responsible by reason of mental oil leak.

5 Likes

I’m willing to bet Julie Annie is dumb enough to think Trumpf will help pay his legal bills.

1 Like

Not yet confirmed that it’s hair dye. Some say its shit seeping from one of the cracks.

7 Likes