Dominion Promises ‘Imminent’ Litigation Against MyPillow CEO

You know, that could be part of Dominion’s argument …

2 Likes

Elections infrastructure and integrity have been the subject of public controversies for literally decades by now.

1 Like

trump deadenders really are the stupidest. MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell is the deep-pocketed defendant that Dominion has been hunting for, and Lindell is stupid enough to walk right out and give it up for them. I look forward to MyPillow being a wholly owned subsidiary of Dominion Voting Systems.

1 Like

I just heard on the radio that Kohl’s, among several other prominent retailers has stopped selling MyPillow products.

2 Likes

Capitalists in disarray!

2 Likes

More like short sheet…

1 Like

At this point, litigation is Dominion’s business model and damn glad they’ve got deep pockets to go after. There is no fixing the harm done to it by the seditious conspiracy. No governmental unit in a red or purple area will ever touch them again.

1 Like

If only Lindell had armed the Rioters. The whole thing would have been far less dangerous.

But it would have been just as absurd.

1 Like

So’s BB&B, which is apparently their top retailer.

1 Like

The business predates the controversy.

And while the question of monetary harm has yet to be settled, there is no question that Dominion’s reputation has been egregiously damaged in the minds of literally millions of US voters.

ETA:

The plaintiff here was dragged the into the public controversy, by the respondent. Deliberately and repeatedly.

1 Like

Dominion was founded in 2002. I seem to remember some public controversy around that time period involving voting equipment.

1 Like

Lindell was disputing the 2020 election results during GW Bush’s first term as POTUS? Whoa - maybe he does have a direct line to His Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Amen ™.

Or are you saying it’s irrelevant, the entire endeavor of voting is controversial and thus everyone including poor departed Aunt Mabel is a public figure.
I am skeptical that the legislation was written with that intent.
ETA, I think your point is it may not be a slam dunk as many hope or believe.

No, of course not. But if Aunt Mabel starts a company selling elections equipment to local officials, she does it knowing that there is a lot of public controversy over that type of business (see Florida 2000, Ohio 2004, everywhere Trump lost 2020). Choosing to enter into that fields makes her at least a limited purpose public figure for any allegedly defamatory statements made about her with respect to that subject matter.

No legislation involved. It’s all case law applying the First Amendment.

Nah, it’s as close to a slam dunk as you’re ever going to come across in defamation law. And even though Dominion will have to prove it suffered actual damages attributable to the defamatory statements, it shouldn’t be especially hard for it to show lost or declining sales, not to mention its out-of-pocket expenses for increased security and reputational management.

1 Like

Hehehe. Looking for a new car payment, huh?

1 Like

Smoke and mirrors with a bunch of bob and weave, and a little “it was awful”, and maybe he can avoid indictments until statutes of limitations expire.

Mypillow causes covid? Or Covid causes cancer? Has anyone heard people say that Mypillow causes Covid and cancer? I’m just asking questions.

3 Likes

The brain damage may not be reversible. But it can get worse.

I think we have a right to have those questions examined more thoroughly, out of an abundance of caution. I’ve also heard that MyPillow carries the plague and typhoid.

2 Likes

Is that what the Speaker has said?
Or has she suggested the Senate trial can take place even after the impeached President has left office.
Different critters.
For one, if a Presidential term has expired, the former POTUS is not protected(assuming OLC was correct) from ordinary prosecution.
In the other circumstance, it’s finishing a process that began while the impeached was POTUS.

Is it a distinction without a difference?

Not me! Found a nice clean Crosstrek that was driven a fair bit but kept in good shape by its owner that I could manage to swing the cash for. Don’t know if you have Carsense in your area but I had a good experience. No haggle, nice cars, and the previous owner paid all the interest down for you.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available