DOJ Task Force On Election Worker Threats Makes First Arrest | Talking Points Memo

Amoral is the only word I can come up with right now.

2 Likes

Speaking for myself, I consider Charlie Kirk’s existence to be societal degeneracy.

2 Likes

Wisconsin Republicans are hell bent on keeping Ron Johnsonwax in the Senate and they will do whatever it takes to rig the election.

And they do this with the blessing of Boris Manchin and Natasha Sinema.

2 Likes

Sort of it takes one to know one type of situation?
These folks scream “individual FREEDOM!” all the while complaining that individuals have to conform.

4 Likes

Let me know when that happens.

Reporters are just that. What ticks me off immensely is when they try to make the news - like those two nincompoops in the presser earlier this week that demanded answers to a poll that Biden is mentally compromised or that Biden has to fire people to get his momentum back.

Guess what made the news after the presser? I’ve seen multiple stories since the presser as to why Biden isn’t firing people, particularly over Afghanistan. Didn’t see them before that, now, did we? And guess what would happen if he did? DEMS IN DISARRAY all over again.

2 Likes

Not. Going. to. Happen.

2 Likes

Then people need to keep calling them out when they do it. There’s a lot more of that happening than I’ve ever seen before.

1 Like

Could be, but not enough. Way too much credence is given to way too much lying and corruption of fact.

1 Like

IIRC, that one was very quiet and circumspect. , where his compatriot was rather talkative.

1 Like

Well, by all means, let’s keep consolidating the media. :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

State media is a great way to control the people, amirite???

4 Likes

No More Child Tax Credit…

Wow!! That Manchin and Sinema…they sure did pull that off.

(Good for Murika)

Ain’t that right, Mitch?

4 Likes

"As Joe Biden limps into his second year in office, a common criticism has emerged among fellow party members: his top advisers are too insular, rigid and self-assured,” Politico reports

This is the kinda crap that really fries my onions. Good Lord…

7 Likes

You would think they’d have to have some kind of disclosure at their baptisms.

I mean, we warn for peanuts. Not snakes?  : - )

1 Like

Let’s bring back the CCC!

4 Likes

How many absentee ballot drop boxes were there in Wisconsin prior to 2020, and does their nearly complete absence prior to 2020 mean that Wisconsin has always been a fascist dictatorship hellscape and make all Packers victories in the Super Bowl illegitimate?

Jebus, people, get a damn grip. You will be hard-pressed to find even a single potential voter this fall who refuses to put their absentee ballot in the mail in lieu of a fucking drop box.

1 Like

In Lewis Lapham’s Money and Class in America he argues that everybody thinks their lives would be just so much better if they had just 20% more income. He gives as an example a rico who having lost the family fortune can no longer keep the kids in the most current electronics or the wife in the designer gowns necessary for their NYC lifestyle on the ½ million (i think) a year income so they are needing to move to a cheaper area with lower expectations.

Excellent exploration of the subject. I had to stop reading it as my job entailed close work with the very wealthy and it was causing my gorge to rise.

5 Likes

My wife and I laughed long and loud over this.

4 Likes

That’ll all be well and fine, provided DeJoy doesn’t put an additional slow-down on mail delivery. That was the reason, besides the pandemic, for the use of dropboxes. DeJoy is still in place and Biden can’t get his two new folks confirmed for the postal service board (guess why?), so it’s hard to know whether this is going to be a factor.

4 Likes

The first amendment is there to protect democracy, not to ensure that news outlets are replete with subscriptions, hot takes, and corporate earnings.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available