DOJ Task Force On Election Worker Threats Makes First Arrest | Talking Points Memo

The Justice Department charged a man from Texas on Friday with threatening three government officials, the first criminal case brought forward by the department’s task force on combating violent threats against election workers.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1402273
1 Like

Yes! There’s a new Sheriff in town, assholes.

57 Likes

I hope this ends up being more than lip service. Make the case, convict him, and put his ass away for a long time.

42 Likes

I do enjoy watching the DOJ go after the MAGATS.

37 Likes

More please!

30 Likes

Voter fraud, intimidation, refusing to let registration occur, either through adding unnecessary hoops to the process or “running out of forms”, and outright refusing to count votes are all part of the authoritarian GOP playbook.

47 Likes

Georgia Patriots it’s time for us to take back our state from these Lawless treasonous traitors. It’s time to invoke our Second Amendment right it’s time to put a bullet in the treasonous Chinese [Official A].

Tell me you don’t understand the 2nd amendment without saying you don’t understand the 2nd A.

35 Likes

I have a couple questions.
Is it 10k for each or is it $10k for the trio?
Where is he going to get the money? I don’t think he can pawn his firearms and 15 year old F150 for even the package deal. Maybe if you throw in the double wide but then were is he going to live.

13 Likes

Soon he will be invoking his 5th Amendment right.

40 Likes

Kind of amazing that, for all the rhetoric, we’ve somehow avoided real tragedy. So far.

65 Likes

How much you want to bet this guy says he was following Trumps lead?

22 Likes

This is a Washington Post article written by a former TPM journalist, Greg Sargent.

57 Likes

An ancient debate in war theory is “supreme emergency”, whereby terrorist and freedom-fighter become two sides of the same coin. Genocide, for example, might be severe enough to invoke this moral doctrine. What is odd about this new crop of domestic terrorists is how quickly they declare themselves “patriots” for the flimsiest of excuses. A modest negative change in your economic circumstances certainly does not rise to a supreme emergency by any stretch of the imagination.

21 Likes

OT: Select Committee starting to get the good stuff, as horrifying as we expected.

50 Likes

Felony charge, 5-year max. sentence. Realistically, he’s probably looking at somewhere around 6-12 months unless he’s got priors, although maybe he’ll be eligible for a terrorism enhancement. But the real punishment is he’ll have to give up all his guns.

76 Likes

It is nice to know that if anybody ever puts a contract out on my life, if the Department of Justice likes me, they will be ready to arrest the offender in just a little more than one year.

8 Likes

“Patriot” just means “Trump Supporter.”

43 Likes

Will he be a Texas version of a hanging Chad?

14 Likes

This was insinuated in rough terms, in the Eastman memo, IIRC.

11 Likes

Meanwhile, and somewhat O/T, this for those of you curious about what’s in all those documents TFG and Justice Thomas didn’t want you to see:

Seizing voting machines - fascinating. Remind me, who issued Sidney Powell her license to practice law?..

32 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available