DOJ Subpoenas Trump WH Lawyer Eric Herschmann In Jan. 6 Probe

Former Trump White House lawyer Eric Herschmann has reportedly been subpoenaed for documents and testimony by a federal grand jury investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, a person familiar with the matter told Politico.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1429000

Frist. (Bill)

download

16 Likes

Herschmann was an interesting J6 participant

32 Likes

ā€œHenchmanā€? Major copy editor fail.

8 Likes

Or a freudian slip. After all, Mr Herschman could have spoken out long ago, back when it would have made a difference.

14 Likes

O, you know, maybe not.

10 Likes

I read it as a prediction that Herschmann would soon receive his Giuliani Upgradeā„¢ to target status.

@karlwlewis @lommi Like minds

7 Likes

Herschmann has been remarkably candid in his public comments. I suspect he would like to continue his chosen profession for quite some time and may realize the only path to salvation is in the arms of the DOJ.

37 Likes

Was it though?

3 Likes

Seeing Herschmannā€™s performance in the J6 hearings, I came to that idea as well.

17 Likes

Yeah, I want that motherf*cker. He was whitewashing himself in the 1/6 video depositions, but you could tell by his language and demeanor that he was in it up to his eyebrows.

20 Likes

Herschmann served as a senior adviser to the former president. Herschmann previously represented Trump in his first impeachment trial before later taking on the Trump White House adviser role.

Herschmann is not innocent.

16 Likes

29 Likes

Lol

He was out of his ā€˜effing mind

Up and up we go. A search of the former Presidentā€™s premises and now a subpoena to one of his senior advisers. Writing is on the wall, and itā€™s in crayon so that even Trump can get it.

20 Likes

Quasi-on-topic:

The Times Union of New York asked a judge to unseal the Mar-a-lago search warrant. In their request, they listed two case numbers.

The US DA for SDFL has asked the judge to deny the request for case no: 22-mj-8338-BER because ā€œit concerns an ongoing investigation that is completely unrelated to the subject matterā€ of the Mar-a-lago search warrant.

Anyone familiar with the numbering system used for case files? Are they just assigned sequentially, or does this mean thereā€™s another ongoing investigation on trump?

4 Likes

OK, guilty as heckā€¦
So, when will he be
indicted
Arrested
Jailed or ankle cuff
Tried
Convicted
Sentenced
Jailed (again)
Or none of the above normal things a perp like him would face?
donnie will be well into his 80ā€™s by the time justice gets around to dealing with him.

4 Likes

Why anyone would support this soon-to-be,felon trump i mean as a political candidate is hard for me to accept.

4 Likes

I think itā€™s pretty clear that there has never been a point where someone speaking out against Trump wouldā€™ve made a difference.

28 Likes

What crime do you think Herschman might have committed that he would be a target of an FBI investigation? Just being an attorney on staff of that white house does not automatically make one a criminal.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available