DOJ Releases Trump Order Commuting All Of Roger Stone’s Sentence, Not Just Prison Time

She was given to me by a member of the Studebaker family—hence the name.
I also had her brother, whose name was Packard.

4 Likes

My first two cats were named “Simon” and “Schuster.” They were given to me by members of the Humane Society, for a small fee. They were kittens, brothers from the same litter. I renamed them after adoption.

3 Likes

When you call a cat by its name, does the cat think, “Why can’t that fuckwit learn to properly meow?”

4 Likes

I was at a breakfast taco place in Austin waiting for my order last year, it was early like 6:30.

A guy walks and makes like he has a gun in his jacket pocket and tell the lady at the register “This is a hold up. Give me all the cash in the register.”

She says, “What kind of an idiot robs a restaurant in the morning before they have any money? Come back after dinner.”

They both laugh and she says, to me, “He does that all the time.” He shrugs says to me, “It makes her laugh,”

Ha. Fucking. Ha.

5 Likes

Thank you for that clarification. Makes me wish all the media sources I’ve read that in would stop promoting it if it’s basically fiction.

2 Likes

I never heard this complaint from any of the four cats I was blessed with.

1 Like

Shit. hahahahahaha I would have frozen if I’d been there.

2 Likes

That’s when you blew him away with your own pistol, right?

3 Likes

OT: Mary Trump gag order overturned!

2 Likes

I guess that they never saw Pulp Fiction:

2 Likes

You’ve seen the sappy way he looks at Trump.

There’s a book about why evangelical support of Trump is entirely consistent with their functional belief set. Vox has a review. It makes sense and does seem entirely consistent, plus it goes along way to explaining that teenager mooning over their latest crush look from Pence.

1 Like

Ah maybe they were riffing on that. Was stupid.

2 Likes

Must have been really hysterical the first time.

2 Likes

Even if Pence pardons Chump, wouldn’t impeachment still be very valuable in two crucial ways…one before the election and one after Chump’s defeat? And a third way…in the unutterable occurrence that Chump wins the election. Before the election it could once again put the whole Chump administration on trial and if Dems were smart every charge and public announcement running into the fall would highlight R involvement. Call R witnesses, force them all to publicly (again) refuse to talk, hide documents, defy subpoenas, and generally spit on Rule of Law and their Oaths right before an election. Doesn’t matter how close you come to wrapping up your investigations/articles. Impeach Barr too - even sooner. Today.

After the election you would still have all your investigations rolling and keeping Chump on his back foot and under the microscope right when he would have been at his most destructively dangerous. All the congressional hearings, subpoenas, investigations of Chump and every single R who can be implicated or wrapped into his crimes would continue. Even if it is a a glacial pace, the crimes uncovered would be great starting points for punishing all the traitors and officials connected to Chump. The public admired the Ds for doing their duty and standing up for our country and institutions during the earlier impeachment.

Heck, maybe there is a way that a President under Impeachment articles can’t be pardoned. Or it would make Pence guilty of pardoning in order to cover up crimes. Maybe many of the investigations or uncovered crimes would already have a running start on Chump and could be taken up by DOJ in Jan 2021 and everything he WASN’T pardoned for would be fair game to hand off to the legal system. Instead of Biden having to whip up from whole cloth a reason to go back after R traitors, you would have already culminating house investigations and possibly a D Senate to ratify charges against any and all lying to congress and obstruction of justice and be flagging and tagging Chump bank accounts, assets, financial records, etc and making his post-pardon life an inescapable minefield. And finding ways to make Nunes and others like him pay big.

Well this is a bit promising:

“The House is planning to quickly revisit its effort to obtain President Donald Trump’s personal financial records, urging the Supreme Court on Monday night to take its final formal steps on the matter so lawmakers can reignite the issue in the lower courts,” Politico reported.

“In a filing late Monday, the House’s top lawyer, Douglas Letter, urged the justices to immediately effectuate their July 9 ruling on the House’s subpoena for Trump’s records. Once the ruling is in force, the House can return to the U.S. District Court judge who initially heard the case and ask for renewed consideration,” Politico explained. “But Supreme Court rulings typically don’t go into force immediately, and Letter noted that the Mazars ruling would normally take effect on Aug. 3 without the intervention of the justices. The lower courts can’t begin to take up the effort until the Supreme Court ruling takes hold, and the House is urging the justices to make that happen as quickly as possible.”

Every member of the House is in the midst of campaigning for reelection. Between that, the pandemic, and any semblance of normal business of Congress, they will not have the time to go through the process of getting impeachment to be a possibility. It took months last time, and it wouldn’t be any faster this time even if they didn’t have all the rest to be dealing with. There’s no way they would take this on right before an election, especially a big election. Impeaching anyone today would happen only on a TV show.

1 Like

:notes:If my friends…could …see me …noooooww…:notes::musical_note:

I believe it was the Bee Gees who asked " how can a loser ever win""

Because he desperately wants to be president - and that’s part of the bargain. Plus, he’s stoopid enough to think trumpers will vote for him, so he’s gotta keep them onboard. This is his dream come true. Can’t happen soon enough for Pence.

1 Like

Not sure I buy all that. Being on TV investigating Chump, Impeaching him and having that unfiltered view into politics was great theater and the best the Ds have looked in a long time. It made Ds look great and made Rs look like parasites on our country. That was great campaigning. And the Ds for once were on the offense, calling the shots, and Chump was pinned down.

Barr Impeachment wouldn’t take a ton of money or resources. He needs to have a pin stuck in him and let him flail his limbs about.

You might be right on logistics or some process point…but this is war and the biggest election ever. These people are NOT holding rallies and doing what they normally have to for a campaign. And since the last Impeachment, it seems The House hasn’t been very busy. I also outlined all the other bonus points about laying more groundwork for future prosecutions without making Biden have to stop “looking forward” and spending his political capital and momentum trying to prosecute the last batch of heinous criminals.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available