DOJ IG Found FBI Officials Heading Russia Probe Did Not Act Out Of Anti-Trump Bias

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz did not find that the FBI officials in charge of the agency’s investigation into alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia were working to undermine President Donald Trump.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1264753
1 Like

Interesting. Certainly not what GOPs were insisting it would say.

28 Likes

One mole whacked . . .

Now: to whack that mole of an investigation that Lindsey Graham has initiated in the Senate–you know, the one that Dr. Hill had thoroughly whacked in her testimony.

26 Likes

Clearly DOJ IG is a Never-Trumper, and Barr must start an investigation into his bias post-haste.

52 Likes

However, Donald Trump, who does not have anti-Trump bias, has been working diligently to undermine Donald Trump.

He has had some notable success as of late.

57 Likes

You are always part of the conspiracy, no matter which side you espouse - that is how conspiracies work.

8 Likes

So I guess Bill Barr must have gotten really good use from his international frequent flyer miles.
He probably enjoyed many a culinary delight as well.

14 Likes

File this under, duh. But also expect this to change nothing as Republicans have crawled so far down that rabbit hole, they don’t know which way is up anymore.

13 Likes

Good! The media is trying to get out ahead of Bill Barr muddying the waters and gaslighting the conclusions. Or maybe it’s the IG? (if so, that’s one for the “steady state”.)

13 Likes

“The inspector general will debunk Trump and his Republican allies’ accusation that the probe was borne and conducted out of anti-Trump bias.”

Adderall-Rail-Hoovering Trump: “Only an inspector general probe borne and conducted out of anti-Trump bias could conclude the FBI probe was not borne and conducted out of anti-Trump bias!”

33 Likes

Well, that’s a relief. And now - I assume - they’ll be looking into that ANTI CLINTON BIAS?

23 Likes

alt-5a8f2aef44513-4922-74700bcf33fba43c9426ba282d93c900%401x

23 Likes

I’m an equal-opportunist. Trump really is guilty, and there really is a Deep State out to get him.

Both things can coexist quite happily and in tandem.

24 Likes

Bunch of traitorous Never Trumpers. I wonder when the IG investigation of the IG starts.

6 Likes

Oh Gee, another few thousand of Trumps lies go down the drain. Of course Trump will now attack Michael Horowitz , his family, and the entire FBI as a result of this report.

What a “president” (BARF!)

8 Likes

Years ago - there were two terms in more or less common usage. “The Deep State” - which referred to lifelong bureaucrats, deeply embedded in the government regardless of administration.(And generally Apolitical) And “Surveillance State” - all the alphabet agencies, working together and sometimes at cross purposes - failing to share intelligence.

Now the two terms have been conflated. I suppose there was always some overlap - but now it’s just “Anyone who worked for the government in any capacity before our guy had the White House.” A darker term for ‘holdover’ I suppose.

12 Likes

Now we know the subject of that…animated…conversation between Trump, Barr and Mulvaney that the press observed through the Oval Office windows.

9 Likes

Horowitz will now be Tweeted and be scared for life.
Or maybe he will just laugh off the stupid fucker.

6 Likes

Don’t you see? This only PROVES the Deep State is alive and well!

4 Likes

How long did it take to leave this one cross eyed and unconscious?
There’s not the time in our lives to use investigations to address all the spurious bullshit that pours out of Trump and his partisans. Moreover, trying to do so is just enabling their purposes, which are to shift the focus off of themselves and muddy the waters. It’s kinda like Agnew ranting against his accusers when he became the subject of an airtight indictment.
This allegation never had a credible predicate and neither does what the Reactionaries are setting out to investigate in the senate. Thus, it would be preferable if it was possible to just not spend any time on it.

5 Likes