DOJ Attorneys: Trump’s Mob Intended To ‘Capture And Assassinate’ Elected Officials | Talking Points Memo

Perhaps if he and his dumb coterie were told that, should that be possible, Nancy Pelosi would be the interim president?

20 Likes

Tubby Tomerville is making RonJon look like Einstein.

27 Likes

I have argued in favor of pre-trial release for at least a couple of these assholes. The note to Pence puts this one over the edge. He can rot.

22 Likes

Tommy Tubesteak

6 Likes

It’s only because they have been told this repeatedly for now two months. They have been brainwashed into this.

I’ve recounted a story here of a former colleague who hold a degree in chemical engineering - someone who should be relying upon facts as a part of her job - insisting that there was all this evidence, but she couldn’t produce it and was certain that the truth would eventually come out of all this voter fraud in November.

A science-based degree working in a chemical industry and she’s put aside needing hard evidence to prove a theory because of her political leanings.

That’s what we’re dealing with here, besides the garden-variety morons.

38 Likes

Still waiting to hear about the Capitol tours lead the day before by some GOPers. Bet they’ll be scared to announce it.

And, yeah, good they got this guy, but he was just a show piece, there were plenty of others in the shadows that need to be found.

20 Likes

Tuber? I didn’t even know her?

5 Likes

The legal defense being advanced by the QAnon Shaman guy’s lawyers is he didn’t unlawfully enter the Capitol because he was invited by Donald J. Trump. Get your head around that one, He is throwing Trump under the bus.

33 Likes

I hear what you’re saying, but the fact is that lying is covered free speech, with notable exceptions (contracts, legal docs, etc.). If it weren’t, most advertising firms would be quickly out of business.

What should be true is that there are consequences to lying and you should be held legally and civilly accountable for the consequences of your lying.

21 Likes

Chemical engineering is not a field for lightweights. If I recall right, after taking an aptitude test long ago, they said it was the most difficult engineering field to get into.

13 Likes

Sadly, confirmation-bias and cognitive-dissonance are a crack /fentanyl hi-ball and actual facts are weaker than watery tea.

8 Likes

No, it’s because their personal lives are so meaningless that they have given themselves over to an authoritarian movement as a substitute for whatever they’re missing in their own lives. They’re not brainwashed. They’re a half step away from literal nihilism.

24 Likes

Why yes, Buffalo Chip’s allegiance is to gawd, and not earthly mortals

2 Likes

Sure, but it was never Trump’s house. Even Donald Trump, when he was President, didn’t get to go there unless Nancy Pelosi (or Mitch) invited him. Not that I expect this would have much legal impact, but it’s just as meaningful as that “defense.”

14 Likes

There has to be manifests somewhere that indicate who was on those tours and if they correlate at all with who they’ve already arrested or are looking for from the insurrection/invasion.

There can be no ignoring any Venn diagram that puts the tour list in the Capitol on the sixth.

19 Likes

It is not freedom to kill either

15 Likes

Biden has more of a claim to the Capitol than Trump will ever have.

5 Likes

Boebert doth protest too much that she led no Capitol tours.
Of course, no one has actually accused her by name either.
Feeling some guilt, Lauren?

(this is her official Twitter, which is not cut off)

Maloney’s response:

Swalwell chimes in:

34 Likes

No, that’s the Second Amendment.

6 Likes

The negation is for the US and local government.
The party’s financiers probably dream of a day when their corporate entities can establish veritable fiefs in the lands they dominate. Kinda like the Gilded Age: company housing, company stores, company police, company judges and justice. But, you know, better: serfdom this time around.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available