Doctors And Media Torch Second Evasive Briefing On Trump’s COVID Condition | Talking Points Memo

Doctors and members of the press were quick to express their dissatisfaction with White House physician Dr. Sean Conley as they reacted to a briefing outside of Walter Reed on Sunday morning, which left many questions unanswered after an evasive briefing the day before.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1336337

Offhand, I’d say that they tried to give him Truth Serum and it was rejected with a shutter. Then they tried it on themselves and the needle broke.

10 Likes

That says it all. Conley and the rest are the incompetent lackeys of the Keystone Cops.

17 Likes

Conley is not an MD. He is an OD, an osteopath. Make of that what you will.

12 Likes

Ah, then the ole bone spurs must be acting up, again…

11 Likes

In-fucking-credible. With lying morons like this guy in charge, I lay odds that Trump is dead within two weeks.

13 Likes

What these medical briefings need is more giuliani. “Oxygen isn’t Oxygen!”

21 Likes

" “As a physician, as someone who has given these briefings in the past and as an American, I was really offended by it.” -

It would hardly be the first thing this administration has done that is really offensive. In fact, it’s hard to think of ANYTHING from the Trmp White House that I wasn’t deeply offended by.

15 Likes

I know I lied yesterday but believe me, I’m telling the truth today!

28 Likes

Conley added that he tried not “to give any information that might steer the course of illness in another direction.”

This makes even less sense than saying testing more leads to more cases, which is really remarkable.

Although Conley acknowledged that his evasive answers “came off that we were trying to hide something,” he quickly argued that “wasn’t necessarily true” and that the President is “doing really well.”

The word “necessarily” is doing a lot of work here, and why is it even there? It’s either true or it isn’t. The point of the briefing, I thought, was to provide some clarity about Trump’s condition, not to muck it all up.

23 Likes

Conley’s not a doctor but he plays one on TV.

15 Likes

If Conley’s medical competence is anything like his medical briefings, then YIKES, Trump is in trouble. But let’s hope his doctoring is much better than his propagandizing.

8 Likes

Chris Wallace wasn’t too accommodating today, either. One way or another, COVID is the death of this administration.

28 Likes

I’ll be hoping it’s much worse.

12 Likes

Meanwhile Nancy Pelosi, second in line to the presidency, is apparently getting no more information than the rest of us.

16 Likes

Wallace has every right to be hopping mad. Though I don’t know his co-morbidities, he is 72 years old. He signed up to moderate a debate, not unknowingly risk his life. I imagine, like Biden, he’s getting daily tests as well due to the Trump campaign’s lies of omission.

20 Likes

In the late afternoon on Sunday, Donald Trump released a minute long video saying he was feeling better and “It’s been a very interesting journey. I learned a lot about Covid. I learned it by really going to school. This is the REAL school. This isn’t the ‘let’s read the book’ school. And I get it. And I understand it. And it’s a very interesting thing.”

He also teased that he was going to go out and see his supporters who have gathered around Walter Reed Medical Center. A strange thing to say, but an even stranger thing to do for the administration that has spent the better part of the last 72 hours telling everyone how seriously Trump and his handlers take everybody’s health. Trump then appeared in video in a long line of black SUVs, waving from a closed window.

That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play.

— Dr. James P. Phillips, MD (@DrPhillipsMD) October 4, 2020
36 Likes

When even a physician can’t be trusted because he came too close to the vortex of bullshit that circles pumpkin spice twitler like the cloud of dust follows pigpen from Charlie Brown.

11 Likes
2 Likes

Trump dying before his complete humiliation would be too good for him.

19 Likes