DNI Denies House Intel Whistleblower Demand | Talking Points Memo

I can’t help but think that if roles were reversed and Republican only held the house that they’d be raising holy hell and getting what they wanted by whatever means necessary. Its been far to long since Democrats actually fought for something. Apparently they have forgotten how.

11 Likes

Get Out The Vote.

2 Likes

The IG system is a joke, for precisely that reason. “Independent”, but their boss is the same guy who’s agency is the one they investigate…

Conflict of interest much?

7 Likes

Absolutely we will!

Bet your bottom dollar, and work like hell.

15 Likes

For national security reasons, the election has been indefinitely postponed, and liberal cities are hereby placed under martial law.

2 Likes

To be fair there are individual members who do want to fight, they are being undermined by leadership. To be more accurate I would say Democratic leadership has been totally ineffective and in some cases actually undermining those Democrats that do want to be effective.

6 Likes

Yes, Dems win the presidency and Congress and pass goddam laws to keep this from happening again.

3 Likes

First, maybe you get lucky, get a judge with some integrity and you get a fair hearing and the whistleblower in forced into the committee’s hands. Secondly, and at a minimum, the issues stays in the public discussion and gives more ammunition for the Democrat’s campaigns.

There already are laws… Barr is just ignoring them…

15 Likes

The DNI will offer a compromise. Schiff, and only Schiff, will be allowed to see the whistleblower complaint. But not until after he’s signed an NDA.

2 Likes

Amen, and I have been called crazy to think Dem Leadership are shits, it’s all part of a plan I’m told.

Cheeky, yet fair.

11 Likes

Seriously?

You’re gonna go with that?

(Bookmarking)

1 Like

They will have a hard time winning if they don’t show that they are willing to fight. As it is they are screaming about Donald’s misdeeds while doing nothing about it. This is not present a compelling case to American voters. Why vote for them it they won’t do anything?

3 Likes

Only 4 of the 15 active D.C. District Court judges are Trump appointees. The other 11 are all Obama or Clinton appointees.

And even if those numbers were reversed, you lose 100% of the cases you don’t pursue.

11 Likes

Better yet, the whistle blower should give the complaint directly to Congress.

10 Likes

I wonder what the plan is?

1 Like

Oh stop it already. We know who are the so-called fighters. yeah, they’re fighting. OK, we get it.

1 Like

Why not? We’re about 75% of the way there.

Because the alternative is far, far worse than their not doing anything.

ETA

25 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available