DNI Denies House Intel Whistleblower Demand | Talking Points Memo

What are you, some kind of radical? We gotta keep that powder dry, you know. :roll_eyes:

All sarcasm aside, I’m losing confidence in her at a pretty rapid clip.

7 Likes

No, I would prefer not but if that’s what we’ve got to work with then so be it. It belongs in a court. There’s an election coming in case you’ve forgotten. All of this is grist for the campaign mill. By the way, there are upwards of nine hundred federal judges so the odds are still in our favor of getting one NOT appointed on Trump’s watch.

4 Likes

“Upon receiving that letter on Friday, Schiff responded with a subpoena for the complaint and issued a public statement in which he said that the substance of the complaint may go directly to President Trump.”

This is a slow-moving Constitutional Crisis that continues to grow, inch by inch, with each passing day.

55 Likes

“Fear is contempt, whether the fearful know it or don’t.”― Adam Levin, The Instructions

1 Like

I guess we could hope the whistleblower will blow the whistle in public.

15 Likes

The whistleblower complaint needs to be leaked directly to the press.

27 Likes

You, me and everyone else in this country is equally in awe as to how quickly the regime was able to pull down the facades that were propping up our democracy. I can honestly say that I’m pretty numb to it now. Which is exactly what the regime wanted in the first place.

32 Likes

And utterly depressing. What is the way out? I can’t see it.

5 Likes

I had “Trump diming out the exfiltrated Russian asset to Putin in the Oval with the unsecured phone.”

33 Likes

Will not be holding my breath.

1 Like

Not sure what good it does to have an IG over a department, responsible for calling balls and strikes on matters, if the decisions they issue can be overruled by those they’re responsible to monitor and review.

Sort of like a college prof giving you a “D” and you order him to record it as an “A” in your records.

22 Likes

Good thought. That would also go along with the latest disagreement with the IG, that the matter is not necessarily “urgent.”

6 Likes

November 3, 2020.

28 Likes

“Notwithstanding the plain language of the statute . . .”

Now, doesn’t that phrase from the Sept. 13 letter pretty much encapsulate the ethos of this maladministration?

6 Likes

In a world in which Adam Schiff actually gave a damn about extracting information to which the committee is legally entitled over the contrary desires of the Trump administration, he would file a lawsuit first thing Monday morning asking for temporary and permanent injunctive relief on a highly expedited basis.

In the real world in which we live, Schiff might get around to filing a lawsuit before the Christmas break, then proceed to ignore it indefinitely.

3 Likes

Pardon my language, but fuck these lawbreaking motherfuckers. Does the House have the ability to start throwing these scumbags in jail? They need to do something, because Trump’s administration is simply refusing to comply with anything that might endanger Dear Leader. And at this point that encompasses just about everything this administration’s doing.

19 Likes

The House Democrats as a group have been ineffective to date. Every last one of them.

6 Likes

The list of unlawful sonsofbitches is getting as large as Rachel Maddow’s board of departures.

3 Likes

There’s an election coming in case you’ve forgotten. All of this is grist for the campaign mill.

So what? That’s an honest question not me being flip. What do you expect this to do?

What is the way out? I can’t see it.

November 3, 2020.
If we still have a country then???

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available