DNC Day 2 Brings More Big Name Dems, Republicans And Ex-Trump Aides

53 Likes

That’s an uplifting campaign message.

3 Likes

Considering what has come up over the year, doing their jobs professionally and providing real value to the reader is exactly what is not on the retention list.

4 Likes

Both Acyn and Aaron Rupar watched a Trump event in Howell held in a parking garage. Unless they both missed the announcement, he never said it.

11 Likes

66 Likes

Sen JD Vance at a local deli in Kenosha, WI per source there:

“You have any food here you really don’t like? We’ll take some and feed it to the journalists on the plane.”

46 Likes

Kate writes:

I do think he deserved that moment, to be cocooned in the adoration of a crowd that recognizes the extent of that sacrifice. But I hope he shapes his speeches going forward (and particularly on the campaign trail) more on Harris, more on the future he’s allowing to play out.

My other quibble about Biden’s speech was the way we used numbers that meant something to him, but would not to the average listener: “Under my administration, such-and-such indicator went up to so-and-so number!”

He has been a very good president (especially grateful for the Inflation Reduction Act and its constituent parts) but as a candidate he no longer can connect well – he likely could not have pulled this election out. And so for all that, and for his decision to bow out of the race, he will be remembered as a great president.

6 Likes

And while we’re at it:

47 Likes

A new hat for the MAGA faithful.

41 Likes

What teachers do.

41 Likes

The Trump campaign has been caught using Beyoncé’s song ‘Freedom’ without permission–the same song Beyoncé granted Kamala Harris the rights to use for her campaign.

30 Likes

They seem to do that frequently.

11 Likes

14 Likes

Trump tried on the “election was rigged” bullshit in his Howell MI KKK rally this afternoon—and FoxNews cut off the coverage of his speech.

Seems the bloom is off the rose at last.

37 Likes

This seems right.

54 Likes

Steven Cheung, spokesman for the Trump campaign, and former spokesman for Attila the Hun’s charities, fact-checked speakers at the DNC as follows Woops! sorry! Glenn Kessler of the Washington Post fact-checked Democrats as follows:
“‘Donald Trump says he will refuse to accept the election result if he loses again,’ Biden said. But that’s not true. Trump just hasn’t said that he would accept. And he had previously said the only way he loses is if the Democrats cheat.”

12 Likes

Brought to you by The Doors!

2 Likes

But if [Judy Woodruff] has knowledge that Trump is trying to scuttle the deal to further his electoral chances (not, like, beyond the pale of possibility given how we know Trump operates), that would be breaking new ground.

More like breaking old ground.

See: Reagan/Iranian hostages. See: Nixon/Viet Nam war.

16 Likes

Somehow I’m getting the feeling that Vance isn’t entirely clued in on how his press pool is going to be most people’s source of information about him and his interactions with the electorate.

28 Likes

47 Likes