Discussion:

Discussion for article #224911

Hey Fox, here’s the henhouse. Keep an eye on it, will ya?

6 Likes

In related news, Republicans in the Wisconsin legislature are quietly trying to pass legislation that would allow them to legally coordinate their campaign activity with nonprofit advocacy groups that don’t have to disclose their donors. I believe they are referring to it as the “Legalize Bribery and Protect Walker Act of 2014.”

8 Likes

Wow…how incredibly dumb and intentionally corrupting.

8 Likes

Does the Ethics Commission really know what it has done?

3 Likes

In related news, the Obama administration announced a new rule allowing the President to do anything he wants. President Obama signed the Executive Order this afternoon, citing the Indiana decision as a precedent. Republicans said something about “lawless President” and “dictator”, but no one was paying attention.

3 Likes

we have a dysfunctional political system in need of a revolution

1 Like

What the GOP does in states they control.

1 Like

Wow! Republicans encouraging and actually enacting outright rank corruption (The Roberts SC would be so proud)!
You gotta give them credit for consistency! This crap is totally illegal here in Missouri…for good reason.

On the other hand, this policy, whatever it is, will be public and a change from the current policy. Which is about all you could ask for in terms of ad fodder. (I’m betting that the commission looked narrowly at the law, and also that someone is drafting a bill as we type, since no one in the legislature gets the same privilege.)

1 Like

“Indiana elected officials are allowed to use state-owned property for political purposes, state authorities decided Thursday….”

Undoubtedly, Republicans across America are denouncing this “Chicago-style” dictatorial abuse of power, filing lawsuits, circulating recall petitions, and talking impeachment.

(Chirp…Chirp…Chirp)

It has been a few minutes now. I’m starting to worry that my jaw will never un-drop.