Discussion:

Discussion for article #224176

Not to worry. Bolton will move on to other topics ten years from now,

4 Likes

She’s like the Energizer Bunny.

2 Likes

Bolton is not in a position to make the call. That part of his life is over. Kelly should address him, Cheney and the rest as the peanut gallery…that is all they are now. They are OUT of it.

7 Likes

Can you imagine Edward R. Murrow reporting: “A lot of people are saying Senator McCarthy is engaging in Red-baiting”? Who cares what other people are saying? What do you, the interviewer, say?

5 Likes

“Kelly was actually pretty even-handed during the segment, which featured both Bolton and conservative attorney Andrew McCarthy.”

Totally even-handed.

Her featured guests covered the entire political spectrum: from neocons to … well … *other *neocons!

35 Likes

I don’t know how Fox actually works with regards to individual producers and their shows…but I suspect that her and her producer are paying close attention to some polling that shows even their demographic…is strongly against going back into Iraq. And that most responses immediately go right into criticizing how we got there in their first place.

Like I said somewhere else today…it was truly an eye opener for me reading the responses to some local news show that brought up the topic. It wasn’t most of the people were against it…it was EVERY opinion was against it. And down here in Georgia…that’s pretty amazing.

Its going to be very interesting to see how the media responds once the first public polling on the question of the Iraq situation are released. My early guess is we are going to see well over 70%…perhaps even topping 80 or higher…are going to be dead set against American involvement.

17 Likes

Apparently Fox is changing their official position to “Iraq: We totally opposed it since 2002.”

16 Likes

You know, if she keeps this up, she may just regain some of her soul.

3 Likes

These guys desperately want to not be responsible for this mess, but let us face it, they are responsible. First of all, Obama fulfilled the obligation that Bush put him under to withdraw troops. Instead of dealing with Saudi Arabia’s funding of terrorist organizations in Iraq, they let it slide. Rather than create a stable and equal government in Iraq, they caved to pressure from their Shia buddies and put in a corrupt Shia politician. Oh yes, and they gave the job of rebuilding the country over to profiteers from American corporations.

The ONLY people responsible for this are Bush, Cheney, Rice and company.

13 Likes

She claims she’s not a “political person,” yet works for FOX.

2 Likes

Megyn’s on a roll… Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

you are too generous.

Naa, I wouldn’t go that far.

The problem (from Fox’s POV) with Kelly is, she isn’t a dumb bimbo. Her blow up at Rove was basically her frustration that Rove was refusing to see what was quite clear to her. And I suspect, she was holding him and his ilk accountable in her mind for losing the election by holding on to stupid things like…unskewing polls. The issue with Erickson…well, she is an attractive woman. She has had to deal with pudgy neanderthals like him her entire life. So when he went into his smug, lets talk down the little lady, routine…she let him have it, like she has probably done a thousand times before to other idiots like that off the air.

And like I said above, on this issue…I suspect she is getting ahead of what the polling is going to say. It has nothing to do with right and wrong and everything to do with getting ahead in the ratings game.

12 Likes

You know you are washed up when your own brush league player run over you. Bolton once had a reputation.

1 Like

Whatever. She still didn’t point out the “2011 withdrawal” was negotiated and signed by the President that had the shoe thrown at him.

13 Likes

Kelly isn’t there in prime time for no reason, she is a tough cookie that asks though questions to anybody if necessary, and she doesn’t take crap from anyone.

Now, if MSNBC and CNN want to take note on how it is done, they would probably increase viewership at prime time…and resurrect themselves.

Once again, you post inane drivel devoid of actual content.

In terms of being a good interviewer, Kelly can’t hold a candle to Rachel Mddow or Lawrence O’Donnell.

14 Likes

If Megyn Kelly isn’t careful, someone is going to mistake her for an actual journalist—despite the fact that she works for FoxNews.

I know what Megyn is saying to herself:

“There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.”