Discussion:

Discussion for article #223771

This will help pave the way for Cruz to never, ever, ever becoming president.

2 Likes

My mother was a U.S. citizen at the time of my birth. She was a U.S. citizen from birth so, under U.S. law, I’m an American citizen by birth."

< /Birthers nod vigorously. >

7 Likes

Teddy, you just gave up plan B you dummy.

Oh, hell, do we have to keep him?!?!

3 Likes

Don’t let the door hit ya, ya hoser!

The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom
And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the thriller

Can I have his Canadian Citizenship if he doesn’t want it? It would be so nice to be part of a real country again. The only way Canada could get any better is to throw out Harper.

1 Like

You are welcome to Ted Cruz. Perhaps we can negotiate another prisoner swap - Canada will take in your Guantanamo prisoners, you take Stephen Harper, Rob Ford, Justin Bieber and Nickelback.

3 Likes

Followed by Josh Marshall having the gushiest orgasm ever. And it’ll last until Cruz drops out of the race in 2016.

Wonderful.

The theoretical fact remains, this is a significant symbolic milestone in Cruz’ career goal of being able at least to formulate the most definitively maximal argument that should he be, hypothetically speaking, nominated, he’s eligible to serve were he to be, for conceptual purposes that is, elected…

Being able to argue this is deeply bound up in who Cruz is.

Another nice thing about this particular milestone: Should it turn out that, say, hypothetically, for whatever reason, it actually HELPS a nominee’s argument that they’re eligible to serve that they have some critical or pivotal anchor in Canada, I expect those nice Canadians would say, So let’s get this straight: he goes to all this trouble and fuss to renounce, which we here really don’t care a hoot about one way or another, tell yoo the truth; and now yoo tell us he wants to be Kinajun agin? Look, it’s all fine by us, whatever, eh? Does he want to run fer mare of Trawna, too, cuz that’d be fine wid us, too. What’s all this fuss aboot, anywho?

I have faith in Cruz’ ability to employ quite possibly his entire political career establishing his theoretical legal capacity to serve as president should he ever be elected – which you say he won’t be but that’s beside his point – after being nominated – which I say is highly improbable but again that’s beside his point anyway.

What’s his point?

Doesn’t matter.

Ask Orlie Tate.

He wasn’t born here!