Discussion:

Discussion for article #242554

Yes, he did!

A lot of smart liberals get the same BS. I agree 100% that her using a private server was idiotic, to say the least. Somehow that gets translated to me saying she did something illegal, or that I am somehow not saying the media is making way too much of this.

Yes, the media is making too much of this. But the bottom line is that SHE should have known the media would be all over this. And that is what Bernie is saying. But that makes too much sense.

2 Likes

Breaking News: TPM posts an article about how nothing really happened but people in the media, the press, journalists, etc., all of them wrote as if something really happened.

The following two sentences are not contradictory.

1. Yes, use of a private Email server by the Secretary of State needs to be investigated.

2. People of the USA are tired of hearing about Hillary’s emails.

See if TPM can write another 10 paragraphs to waste our time on reading something that tells us nothing more about Hillary and Bernie.

2 Likes

I support Hillary and I still like Bernie. This is a presidential primary and the amount of butt-hurt about two competing candidates who are gently poking each other on issues is pretty silly. They need to illuminate their differences and they need to get their positions out. They are both doing a pretty good job while keeping the campaign civil. Bernie or no Bernie Hillary has to satisfy the greater public that her email use was not a problem.

2 Likes

No, he didn’t.

2 Likes

Boy the press is trying hard to find a story where none exists.

2 Likes

Can’t let a “Sosh-list” get elected. Because…because, because.

2 Likes

“…‘You get 12 seconds to say these things,’ Sanders told the Journal…”

Typical television “journalist” interviewing a candidate:

“In the 15 seconds remaining in our program, share with us your views on why American political coverage is so superficial.”

5 Likes

Yup, he’s said nothing new about the e-mails, didn’t “attack” her on the e-mail issue at all. Of course that hasn’t stopped Team Hillary from pretending, once again, that she’s being victimized by big bad Bernie:

On Thursday, Josh Schwerin, Clinton’s campaign spokesman, issued a statement that took issue that Sanders’ comments to The Wall Street Journal. “This has and will remain a campaign about issues for Hillary Clinton, and that’s what she’ll continue to talk about on the trail,” Schwerin said. “It’s disappointing Senator Sanders and his campaign strategists have chosen to change direction and engage in the type of personal attacks that they previously said he wouldn’t do.”

They are quite skilled at playing the victim card, I’ll give them that.

I remember in the 2007 when Hillary was all about the issues and the party and not attacking Obama…

And just because she used her personal email, that doesn’t mean it’s a personal attack. It’s fair game as long as you’re no pretending it’s something more than it is, and Bernie isn’t pretending anything.

Also, as far as I know, he hasn’t brought up the issue at all, just responded – in a very matter-of-fact way – when asked by reporters.

Yes, he did.

"But Sanders indicated in the interview that he didn’t intend to give Clinton a free pass.

“There’s an investigation going on right now. I did not say, ‘End the investigation.’ That’s silly…Let the investigation proceed unimpeded,” he said.

Sanders said there are “valid questions” if her email account compromised classified information or foiled public records requests.

It’s quite an about-face from the original comments at the debate a few weeks ago," which his campaign manager Jeff Weaver has said was entirely off the cuff."