it must always be the parent’s choice
To help kill an unknown baby in a different county…
it must always be the parent’s choice
To help kill an unknown baby in a different county…
The changes to the brain that lay at the root of autism are visible at the 20th week of gestation. Come up with a mechanism of how a vaccination can cause that, then we can talk.
Afterward, Fiorina told reporters the trade-off is that schools are within their rights to turn away unvaccinated children, according to the Post.
Are restaurants, parks, shopping malls, etc., able to turn away unvaccinated children?
There are exemptions now for legit reasons. The problem is the Alex Jones and Glen Beck listener, who won’t vaccinate the kid because they think the gubbermint wants to kill them.
Her position is actually the law in most states. Vaccines are required to attend school, but I don’t know of any jurisdiction where they are required if you home school your kids.
Just to be clear: I work on vaccines and support them 100%, but I don’t know that any jurisdiction compels vaccination except to be admitted to school.
I had resolved that the only comment I was ever going to make on a Fiorina story here again was just the one word “twit.” Just a one word dismissal of her that encapsulates the insignificance of both her intellect and her role as a public figure while referencing a narcissism worse than Trump’s, a narcissism that looks back on a career of failing upward,and garners from it the sole message “I AM AWESOME!!! THE WORLD NEEDS MY AWESOMENESS MORE!!!”
It was going to be a thing I did for the rest of the campaign. Eventually, people would catch on and it would be mildly funny. And then she went and dipped into antivaxxer stupidity again. The sheer abyssal depth of ignorance and stupidity it takes to keep coming back to this is just more than the single word “twit” can encompass. And that resolution went right out the window.
The entire field is loathsome. Every person in it is a psychotic, a sociopath or has a really ugly personality disorder. But the loathing I’m developing for this woman is the special loathing triggered by a couple of particularly incompetent, egregiously, impenetrably stupid deans I ran ran into during my academic years, people promoted out of teaching to limit the harm they were doing who thought they’d achieved something and had an officious contempt for due process worthy of an 18th Century French monarch. She is their private sector equivalent.
They could, but how would that be enforced?
My choice is to not have to send my kids to school with other children who have not been vaccinated. If they don’t get vaccinated, they should be banned from public or private school.
And besides, it’s good preventive medicine:
All girls aged 12 to 13 are offered HPV (human papilloma virus) vaccination as part of the NHS childhood vaccination programme. The vaccine protects against cervical cancer. It’s usually given to girls in year eight at schools in England.
According to Cancer Research UK, cervical cancer is the second most common cancer in women under the age of 35. In the UK, 2,900 women a year are diagnosed with cervical cancer, that’s around eight women every day…
Research has indicated that the HPV vaccine protects against cervical cancer for at least 20 years.
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/pages/hpv-human-papillomavirus-vaccine.aspx
The disgraced former Hewlitt-Packard CEO’s comments came at a town hall in Alden, Iowa, in response to a question from a woman …
Ms. Thompson, I fixed that sentence for you. Fiorina was chased away from the board room before she could exact more damage.
It couldn’t, you’d need a whole staff to check papers on any kid who enters.
There are legit exemptions now for people who don’t want to get their kids vaccinated. What I think we need to prevent is the “nuts” who don’t want to vaccinate their kids for anything because they hate the government…
All I’m pointing out is that vaccination is only required to attend school. Many camps, sports leagues and other private organizations may require it also, but there is no absolute requirement to get vaccinated, despite what the conspiracy types might think.
This is simple. There should be no forced vaccinations, but without them those children cannot attend public schools or publicly funded group activities like rec leagues.
Yes, but would requesting the ‘aborted baby free’ immunization place an undue burden on her religious freedom?
Heaven forbid, she might be required to fill out a form!
Your’re flirting around with teahad disinformation. Children are not going to be around other children? 
Okay…I may not have been overly clear…
I have no issue with delaying vaccination slightly (as in to the one year mark). However, I know autism isn’t caused by vaccinations…and quite frankly, I’m tired of people who have ASD being used as scare tactics regarding vaccinations.
That’s what the law is, so I’m not sure what Failed CEO Fiorina is talking about. Nowhere do government agents show up at the house and forcibly vaccinate, nor is anyone suggesting they do.
I wasn’t especially clear- I mean infants. By and large, I’m not talking about a huge delay either…only a handful of months.
I have a religious objection to idiots being allowed to run for President.
It’s about herd immunity. If everyone has an option to opt out, then vaccines are basically useless. Completely irresponsible on her part.
I didn’t realize cervical cancer was a public health problem.
This is what was recently enacted in California legislation, and it’s entirely sensible when you remember that the big measles outbreak was at Disneyland in Southern California late last year.
Starting July 1, 2016, all children enrolled in public or private schools or day cares must be vaccinated against whooping cough, measles and other diseases, regardless of parents’ religious and other personal beliefs. Children with specific medical conditions, such as immune system deficiencies, may be exempt if they have a doctor’s note,