Discussion:

That’s who he’s talking about in the video above—Sohail Mohammed. I agree it’s the kiss of death for anyone hoping to placate the lunatic GOP base.

I see that now…

For once, he is correct.

A woman died because paramedics could not get her to a hospital soon enough.

The key word to describe the entire episode with the bridge is petty, and in worst sense of the word. Whatever level of Christie’s involvement here, his contribution to the sheer pettiness of his administration appears total.

2 Likes

The parallels to Watergate are notable to me. Nixon was going to cruise to re-election in 1972 regardless of who the Dems nominated, and there was absolutely no reason for Nixon’s henchmen to engage in the range of ethically dubious and/or outright illegal activities denoted by the name of the scandal. Likewise, Christie was going to cruise to a large re-election victory regardless of what the Fort Lee mayor thought about him, yet for some reason his henchmen thought it would be a good idea to shut down the bridge. For what gain?

BRIDGEtte. That kills.

1 Like

Okay Brian Murphy, I hope you learned from this. When you begin to hear outrageous things a Republican politician did to make something happen, to make someone do something or to make it all go to shit because they can; just start working the copy from the knowledge that Republican politicians work from the worse aspect of what remains of their shrinking human nature.
Cheers

2 Likes

Revenge pure and simple. Smack down of an uppity mayor. And then here comes Christie saying “Look, there are charges, and because I’M not the one charged… I’m OK” It’s like he doesn’t understand that shit gets everywhere when in hits the fan (as the Mythbusters proved).

Wow, the most shocking thing I read here is that the writer, Brian Murphy, didn’t believe that Christie acolytes could be so petty. I can’t believe someone is that naive. Someone should introduce him to today’s Republican party. Maybe he missed the Cheney Bush years.

1 Like

DId Mythbusters really prove that?

Thank you. I find it more than a little scary that a reporter with an audience like this one has is that naive.

They actually did the experiment with blue poo substitute and 300 degrees of white particle board around a fan. I’m sure you could find a video on their fan site

Nothing like knowing you are going to prison to inspire you to go to the boxing gym.

1 Like

Right. I live in Colorado now, truly a harsh environment and we dress in layers all year long, for night to day and especially if you’re headed up in the hills. I’ve been snowed on in June many times. Not something that we expected in San Fran obviously but now know better.

Been working in Telluride for the last month or so and peak warmth is just after lunch, its hard to get used to.

My Dear old Dad would say, you are in the Rocky Mountains son, what do you expect?

Guys like him always think that they are smarter than everyone else and can outfox people.
Lots of them become known as convicts and get assigned nice numbers.

1 Like

I’m surprised they didn’t redact Sokolich’s phone numbers in that letter. Wonder if they still work? Let’s check: “beep boop boop…”

Poor innocent, overly-trusting CC rates tons of puns.

And you haven’t even touched on the financial debacle that New Jersey has become under his administration. He’s toast.

1 Like

Of course Cristie thinks none of this applies to him because it was his inner circle that was charged… Not him.
It’s amazing to me that he would think anyone would actually accept his explanation. I am sure there are some who do.

It’s lets start rearranging the throw pillows on the Hindenburg time!

1 Like