Discussion: Zinke's New Wildlife Protection Board Packed With Trophy Hunters

I’m shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

6 Likes

“Surprise, surprise, surprise.”
— Gomer Pyle, 1962

8 Likes

The headline I am waiting for:

Mueller’s Trophy hunters bag Donald Trump and his family

18 Likes

I presume this story will be fleshed out as the day goes on. Currently it’s a little… skeletal.

3 Likes

Protect wildlife? We’re going to preserve it forever.

Hanging on the walls of our dens,
And in our trophy cases.

8 Likes

Their motto: Protect Wildlife Through Taxidermy.

9 Likes

Actually the position has some basis in sound public policy. It gives the countries where the animals live an economic incentive to set aside habitat and to support breeding populations of trophy animals. You can do something similar with camera safaris but the high dollar trophy tourist brings a lot of money to a country.

And his Hen House Protection Board is packed with foxes.

3 Likes

As in Vietnam where , “we had to destroy the Village in order to save it,”

Next up, Ryan Zinke, traveling on the taxpayer dime to Las Vegas to address a convention of American Trophy Hunters, sneers and says “it is a little BS” for Democratic Senators to demand records of his taxpayer funded travel to Africa to help “cull the wild herds and prides.” Says his hero, Teddy Roosevelt was an avid hunter.

4 Likes

The best way to deal with these trophy hunters is how the dentist was dealt with. Public humiliation of a practice which is simply no longer acceptable in the modern world.

3 Likes

Because it’s such a waste to kill an elephant and just keep the tail.

2 Likes

Every time I see that picture it makes me feel a little sick.

7 Likes

Sorry Ron but that practice is completely unacceptable. Okay, it might be okay if the trophy hunters were also rounded up, disarmed, and randomly culled by similar trophy hunters.

Thinning the herd of the “weak and sick” and all that.

2 Likes

Yes, and the elephant tail is a bit disgusting too.

9 Likes

I believe in hunting if it is for food.
Trophy hunters are a disgusting group a subhumans.
In the animal kingdom the hunters go after the weakest ,not the strongest,for food.
If these trophy hunters want sport try hunting each other.

4 Likes

This is truly sickening. I thought that disgusting photo of the Trump spawn holding dead animals in Africa would have ended dad’s campaign, I thought there would be a massive uproar. Wrong again!

4 Likes

“…but the high dollar trophy tourist brings a lot of money to a country.”

And said funds do NOT go to the public but to the oligarchs of whatever country is willing to deal in this sort of horror.

Breeding animals for the specific purpose of having them be hunted is vile. There’s a limit as to how many numbers of certain animals can be bred for the purposes of creating trophies anyway.

4 Likes

What I did find surprising — extremely so — is that it’s an AP article:

Trophy hunters are packed on a new U.S. advisory board … [including] members with direct ties to President Donald Trump and his family. A review by The Associated Press of the backgrounds and social media posts of the 16 board members [… ] indicates they will agree with his position that the best way to protect critically threatened or endangered species is by encouraging American hunters to shoot some of them.

Amazing.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available