Discussion: Zinke Insisted On Having His Christmas Party Before Being Booted

Stockings stuffed with coal for all!

23 Likes

Very clever. Zinke now has a giant neon arrow with Investigate Me First!! pointed at him.

23 Likes

Did he invite the press to his party?
And BTW, who paid for the party? If it was public money, bring on the investigation. If it was lobbyists and companies his agency regulates, ditto.

26 Likes

An example of a headline that invites the response “Of course he did.”

23 Likes

Just one more boondoggle before he rides off into the sunset as a disgraced hack, eh? I hope he receives literal black coal in his stockings this year.

13 Likes

I wonder if the High Plains Grifter will slink out of town the way he arrived, on horseback? Probably not, since it was all a stunt to begin with. So long, Stinky Zinke.

6 Likes

So , he has the party while he`s still employed , and the taxpayers paid for it .

20 Likes

Naw, the simple beauty of the Trump administration is that Everyone connected to it is worthy of investigation, since they’ve all been up to their eyeballs in corruption and grifting…

There’re only 24 hours in a day, and a finite number of committees.

He may well get off lucky, that they run out of time to go after people who have already departed the admin…

4 Likes

I think we can put to bed the notion that being a Navy Seal or other special force member is any special qualification for holding any office in this country. I am sick of hearing this as a qualification. Running the government or a department such as Interior requires much more than special forces prowess. In Zinke’s case, a scintilla of integrity would have helped, along with realization that extractive industries are not our friends. That is, friends of the American people for whom the vast lands of the West in particular are held in trust. Not just for extractors and residents of Western states. Zinke was at best a lapdog for private interests who wish to take a public asset and befoul it without cost (or much cost and with much profit) without consequences. My bet is the arrogant Zinke ends up indicted, a new Teapot Domer, reflecting Donald’s greed and his greed and arrogance…

46 Likes

A stuffed polar bear, eh? If he were left in charge stuffed ones would be all that was left.

20 Likes

he posed for photos in front of a large stuffed polar bear wearing a Santa cap, according to an attendee.

Mounted animals on the wall were fitted with ornaments.

Sounds like the event was something of a cringefest.

10 Likes

FIFY.

12 Likes

Gotta have one last grift before I go.

5 Likes

So did he stuff all the food in his pockets, or did he have aides do that for him?

7 Likes

This administration consists of people that prove F. Scott Fitzgerald correct, that the rich really are different from the rest of us. I’ll bet there’s not a single person on this comment board who would’ve entertained the thought of pulling a stunt like this, knowing they were soon to be investigated on any number of unethical decisions. And the Santa hat next to a dead, stuffed polar bear? You’ve got to be kidding me, that’s like cartoon level BS.

23 Likes

Let me guess, they had a game called “Let’s defund the orphanage” like if Scrooge never had an epiphany

7 Likes

Gives him more time to rip off more of our money. Trump hires nothing but the best.

1 Like

Must have drowned trying to find sea ice so he could hunt.

5 Likes

I would like to see him be one of the first Trump officials indicted, just to show others that there’s no evading justice.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available