Discussion: 'You Sure?': Official Questions If Greitens Is Right Speaker For Police Prayer Event

And why exactly are police chiefs having a “prayer event” in the first place? I swear, we are sliding daily toward some weird fascist theocracy–in which case, Greitens is the perfect choice.

28 Likes

Their other choice, Roy Moore, is busy that day.

29 Likes

No sht. But I’m sure their reply is ‘we KNOW he’s praying to have those demons removed’ and whispering among themselves ‘After all he’s a Republican!’…

2 Likes

On the other hand…the meta message is perfect. Carry on.

6 Likes

Let us now say the prayer for the handcuffs, the whip and the chain.

3 Likes

He seems like the perfect person to do it. I bet nobody else in that state has been praying harder for the police to not arrest him than this scumbag.

8 Likes

You couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried. The Onion is doomed.

15 Likes

Absolute picture perfect! Just ask American Conservative Christian Evangelicals.

4 Likes

What the guy is saying is that Greitens doesn’t have a prayer.

7 Likes

A carryover from English Common Law:

2 Likes

I’m absolutely sure it started as a Christian event. If just a Southern-Midwest thing, then Protestant. If an Irish cop thing, then Catholic. Maybe in recent years they were forced to have a different brand of Christian vicar or maybe even a rabbi offering a prayer. But it’s still about being a Church Going Believer to be in the Cop Club.

No president has had the balls to end or not appear at the national prayer breakfast thing either.

4 Likes

WTF is up with the press mincing and prissiness that keeps them from calling the accusations against him what they are–sexual assault? Whatever it is, it’s the same preciousness that had them dismissing, and refusing to describe the substance of, the Steele Dossier out of hand because it contained “scurrilous allegations.”

14 Likes

Sounds like exactly the right speaker for a republican religious event to me.

11 Likes

Really now…you know perfectly well the only time the American media calls a “spade” a “spade”.

2 Likes

Surely there are some guys already in prison paying for their crimes who would be more appropriate. They might have gotten actual religion while there too.

1 Like

Give me that old time equal justice:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article209641279.html

1 Like

It is a Missouri cop thing after all. Honestly I can’t think of anyone more appropriate.

1 Like

They’re sending a very clear message- these Police Chiefs serve Power, not Justice.

9 Likes

Why don’t they have Lorena Bobbitt speak instead? Would they understand the inappropriateness if we switched it around to that?

10 Likes