Discussion: Wyden: Comey's Recent Troubles Prove Intel Agencies Can't Be Trusted

GOP: We want FBI to continue gathering private info on all Democrats in the country. They are the real terrorists.

6 Likes

And we can’t trust Fibbie-leaks any more than we trust Russian Wikileaks.

5 Likes

Yes! It is about time. Democrats with balls to take them on. Vote, my fellow informed readers and take back the Senate, throw the gerrymandered bums out of the House, elect the Smart, Competent, HONEST, Likeable Woman to the presidency.

2 Likes

Wyden is 100% correct. Left to their own, intelligence agencies grow legs and arms and heads and tails and morph into much more than their original tasks were meant to be. There needs to be someone overseeing the FBI and other intel agencies.

7 Likes

Federal Breitbart Investigations won’t let a lawful election take place.

3 Likes

We need this for all government agencies…imagine oversight of the military that actually audits their budgets, for example. We will also need an investigation after the election of the FBI and their interference in this election…it’s obvious something went totally off the rails and that can never be allowed to happen again.

2 Likes

If nothing else, it’s absolutely clear that both the FBI and the GOP have been fully penetrated and compromised by interests very friendly to the journalist- and opposition-murdering Vladimir Putin. Both entities are fundamentally inimical to our Constitutional form of government, and I fully expect both to attempt what amounts to a coup if Clinton wins the election. Many Republicans have made it perfectly plain that they countenance assassination not just as a last resort, but as a first resort.

What stands after November 8 may nominally still be “the United States of America,” but the United States as we knew it is dead. Fully 45% of it is rotten and gangrenous. No organism that sick can survive.

4 Likes

The Hatch Act has been violated just like any number of women Trump has been acquainted with…

6 Likes

Someone without balls is going to lead the party and probably doesn’t have all that testosterone driving her. Is that okay with you.

8 Likes

It’s distressing to see so blatantly that supposed professionals of the nation’s most prestigious law-enforcement agency view themselves as agents for only one faction of America rather than for the rule of law.

8 Likes

Creep-meter question…LGB.

I am of the opinion that women–especially white women, being more numerous–will save this country by voting for Hillary Clinton. Not being female, I do not know much about the female reaction to creeps like Trump.

I sincerely hope that these women’s aversion to Trump on practical, policy grounds is buttressed by the emotional revulsion that I would imagine he evokes in women of all ages.

5 Likes

The headline on this article is troubling because it falsely gives us the impression Wyden’s statement applies to all intel agencies, when in fact he’s specifically calling out congress giving intel agenices access without oversight.

One of the biggest problems we face is the GOP and Russia pushing false stories, distrust in the media and in particular distrust in our own government. For an article to lead with a headline that reinforces this broad distrust of our intel communities is in my view dishonest and dangerous. There can certainly be a level of caution and distrust in particular individuals and specific institutions even (e.g. FBI) if their leader is inept, but to paint with such a broad brush is irresponsible. I get headline writers like to hit a word count for SEO purposes and clicks but this is one is particularly bad.

2 Likes

Balls are balls! Used here as metaphor! Hillary can and will do it.

2 Likes

Ever since it was reported that trump talked about grabbing women by their p***y, it seems that we’re reading more gential-based comments than before and that’s because trump’s made disrespect normal. I was aiming for that group.

@jcs She’s brave, fearless, relentless, smarter than most people, has a lot of stamina but has no balls. It’s what I said to @emilianoelmexicano, too many unleashing their inner caveman.

3 Likes

To anyone who thinks the FBI or any other agency will be “non-partisan” I have one name for you: J. Edgar Hoover

5 Likes

Oh no…I have zero problems with your words.

I wanted to pick your brain about female VOTERS. Will they be revulsed by Trump? Will any problem they have with him on a policy level be augmented by him being a creep (and worse). Will that sway enough women to make a difference?

2 Likes

I can’t cite figures, but the overall information I read is that women as a demographic are supporting her as they almost never done for another candidate. She speaks to our aspirations and ambitions and to our needs as working mothers, women with specific healthcare needs, and is always respectful even when the opponent says things that are so demeaning and gross, her ads sometimes features just his words.

But now that I’ve said that, there are women as has been reported who overlook what he says about women and assaulting them and accepting that’s it just boy talk and is harmless. They’re in the “Hillary is worse” camp.

4 Likes

Next time there is an act of domestic terror someone should ask how many potential terrorists went under investigated by FBI in order to continue a now clearly partisan agenda re Clinton. After initial reviews concluded there was nothing of merit to the latter investigation every agent-hour spent on it is a misdirection of resources from actual and potential crime, including potential terrorism. How is that patriotic feebs?

7 Likes

That is what I was looking for…I have seen smatterings of data on this…and I am concerned about the OVERALL demographic of female voters…I am aware of those who you describe in your last couple of sentences.

That looks like great news. That was my “creep meter” question. My wife had told me earlier in the year that Cruz was a creep and would do not as well with women as some other candidates.

Trump is a monstrous person who would “attract” some women and repel most, in my opinion.

2 Likes