Discussion: WSJ: Manafort Faces Another Money Laundering Probe By NY Prosecutors

1 Like

The Manafort Tsunami is coming for you, Donnie…

6 Likes

Have they revoked his passport yet?

I mean, people have had their passports revoked for a lot less I imagine.

Its amazing what white collar criminals can get away with these days.

6 Likes

This is a federal investigation—so trump can pardon Manafort for whatever they dig up;.

2 Likes

My understanding is that Schneidermann’s local jurisdiction is executive pardon-proof, though I’m not certain. (It would explain the collaboration – Schneidermann’s team would be the one to bring charges/ Mueller’s team could threaten that Schneidermann’s team brought charges.)

7 Likes

Yes, it is.

But this investigation is through the US Attorney’s office for the Southern District of NY.

4 Likes

“O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!”
— from the poem Marmion by Walter Scott

looking into his multiple bank accounts in the tax haven of Cyprus

His Cyprus bank accounts were at the Bank of Cyrus, which was co-owned at the time by Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross, who also served as (appropriately enough) vice chairman.

It’s been reported that some of the BoC accounts existed for less than a week — one of them for a single day — just long enough for millions (of rubles) to pass through on their way to various LLCs controlled by Manafort and used as “straw buyers” for multiple New York condos that were then immediately transferred to Manafort personally.

Long story short: Nothing to see here, folks. Okay?

9 Likes

I did not know that.

That doesn’t mean state charges won’t be filed. Either way the vise attached to Manafort’s scrotum is tightening by the day. As a result, the chances of him flipping is becoming more and more likely by the hour. Poor bastard.

5 Likes

“Down goes Manafort! Down goes Manafort!!” I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but meshinks he is in some hot water. The only remaining question is, will he turn on Twitler? Enquiring minds want to know.

3 Likes

Pardon me, Mr. Trump, but Mr. Schneiderman doesn’t take a federal paycheck. Your pardon plans may not work on him.

Tweet about that, President Cersei.

1 Like

This investigation is by the US Attorney for the Southern District of NY.
He does take a federal paycheck.

1 Like

If there’s any justice the day one prison menu will be the nothing burger.

1 Like

Yes. I understand that. I’m referring to: “New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s office also has shared information with the special counsel for a separate state probe into Manafort’s finances.”

1 Like