Discussion: Woman Mistakenly Shoots Husband Who Brought Home Surprise Breakfast

Discussion for article #231858

Solving problems with guns

One victim at a time…

21 Likes

So she’s at home, in her bedroom with the door closed and the alarm goes off. Even though she’s armed, her first thought is to shoot through the door ,rather than call the police?

18 Likes

Maybe she smelled those Huevos Rancheros coming at her and suspected that an illegal alien had invaded her home.

31 Likes

American exceptionalism! We’re the shootiest!

37 Likes

I’d like to believe she wasn’t trying to kill her husband intentionally, but her reaction is just so illogical.

Hey baby, your security alarm is going off!
OH SHIT! My HUSBAND is home!!! Quick, get the gun, get the gun…

and we know the story from there.

4 Likes

Come on, that was just her special way of saying I :heart: my husband.

5 Likes

Making be laugh should be one of your daily rituals, Sooner

You’ve met your quota for this day…

…and you love the LongHorns, right?

2 Likes

"How do I love thee?

Hey! You’re not dead, are ya?"

2 Likes

Need more guns…

5 Likes

The NRA needs to get the word out: Guns aren’t the problem–surprise breakfasts are the problem!!!

15 Likes

Not really. Back in 1966 my sister almost did the same thing when her six year old son wandered into her bedroom in the dark hours of morning.

I’m guessing it’s a fairly common reaction when a person who has a pistol within reach of the bed is startled awake. Not a whole lot of thinking goes into it.[quote=“DNL, post:9, topic:15235”]
you love the L ProngHorns, right?
[/quote]

Yes, I do loves me them Deer and the Antelope playing where the deer and the antelope play!

But I think that a discouraging word is heard far too often these days…

7 Likes

Shot in the chest, and he’s in good condition??? Sounds like a fine home protection system to me…

Of course, if he himself was packing instead of carrying eggs, he could have shot back.

4 Likes

Guns don’t kill people, chorizo & scrambled eggs kills people.

6 Likes

I’m sure this little incident will only bring the couple closer together. I imagine them in the future, fondling their guns while they shoot their children.

10 Likes

I was getting worried that TPM wasn’t running stories about people that accidentally shoot themselves or others with there guns. Was nervous there for a moment.

5 Likes

Another NRA success story.

7 Likes

If there’s two things I know, it’s that 1) Josh will always run the foibles and follies of Gun Idiots as a way to show that sensible regulation is needed, and 2) The NRA will ignore him because they have 90% of DC in their pockets.

5 Likes

Yet another of a myriad of reasons that lead to the statistical finding that when guns are present, innocent people are shot over perpetrators by a wide, wide margin.

9 Likes