Discussion: With Contempt Threat Looming, Trump Admin Continues To Stiff House Census Probe

1 Like

Lock him up!

9 Likes

“They produced none of the documents we asked for, they made no counter-offers regarding these documents, and they seem determined to continue the Trump Administration’s cover-up.”

Use the term cover-up often and loudly.

30 Likes

That whole statement is brilliant. Rep. Cummings is very good at this.

“We gave Attorney General Barr and Secretary Ross every opportunity to produce the documents the Committee needs for our investigation, but rather than cooperate, they have decided that they would rather be held in contempt of Congress,” Cummings said in the statement. “They produced none of the documents we asked for, they made no counter-offers regarding these documents, and they seem determined to continue the Trump Administration’s cover-up.”

29 Likes

Threats? Pull the trigger!

4 Likes

Which will produce more sternly worded letters.
We’re on a roll!

1 Like

I feel like I’m living in the Wild West, in a town where the outlaws have control and lawmen are shot down.

14 Likes

“There is no information to hide; there is institutional integrity to preserve,” Commerce official Charles Kolo Rathbum said in the letter.

And we all know that Trump and his administration are all about preserving the integrity of the institutions of government and democracy.

16 Likes

Correction: Lock them up!

All of them.

Time to close down the Trumpese Crime family.

4 Likes

It’s a game of chicken. The DOJ and Commerce are just seeing how long they can delay this and whether Congress can impose any penalties. In a sense, this whole administration is really about testing the weaknesses of the Constitution. The problem is, no one is really sure what they’ll find.

14 Likes

there is institutional integrity to preserve,

Wait a second … Is this the Trump-Ross Commerce Department we’re talking about ?

6 Likes

OT, but worth a laugh.

Wait for:

Marmalade Mountain of a Man coming at you with carnal intent…

6 Likes

I wonder what those empty-suits and half-assed ambulance chasers Barr & Co have brought into Justice think is the end game here?

8 Likes

Beat me to it. My immediate reaction was “in this administration? Go on, pull the other one.”

2 Likes

May I suggest we replace cover-up with comb-over? To me a comb-over denotes that the wearer is trying, and failing, to hide something that we all know is happening under there.

5-4 Roberts decision in their favor.

8 Likes

Any impeachment committee or hearings really should have Cummings as the chair.

Obviously the Trump regime is stalling. They want the 5 GOPers on the Supreme Court to allow them to destroy the census, making the congressional review irrelevant.

7 Likes

No doubt. They’re putting an awful lot of faith in Roberts selling-out his only shot at a viable historical legacy to protect their corrupt asses.

10 Likes

Oh, agree. I’m hoping he does the right thing for once, as their legal arguments have been downright laughable, but there’s really no guarantee of anything these days.

9 Likes