Discussion: Will Joe Run? Biden Feels The Push To Take On Trump In 2020

As long as it’s not Bernie, Elizabeth, or Jill. We really need to win this time.

5 Likes

“Biden would likely cast a long shadow”

k

“He would carry the imprimatur of the Obama administration in addition to occupying a space in the middle that isn’t as crowded as others who are more actively running,”

uh-huh

2 Likes

Joe would probably do better as an elder statesman and kingmaker than a candidate.

That said, i would love to see him punch Trumps lights out if Trump tried stalking him around a debate stage.

19 Likes

Contrary to what young folks say, Biden would be the one who takes it to trump. Biden never holds back. He’s run before and knows what it will take. Biden will not put up with trump’s lies and crazy stuff.

13 Likes

We have, alas, a Constitutional impediment. (One imposed by the Republicans after FDR won four times in a row.)

2 Likes

Um…he ran twice before and did terribly both times.

10 Likes

As much as Uncle Joe is respected, I think there is that element in the party that sees him as just too old. A lot of young people want faces of leaders that look like theirs. In their mind it’s time to pass the baton to a new generation of Democrats. Somehow Bernie got a pass on the age thing but I don’t think others will get that pass. It’s not that they wouldn’t vote for Biden, it’s that we need the excitement that young people had for Obama. That is what pushes you over the top.

8 Likes

He is a nice old man though.

In no particular order:

Beto
Kamala
Deval
Cory
Michelle

3 Likes

Um Biden ran twice with Obama. That is recent history, Perhaps you don’t know Biden.

3 Likes

While I don’t mind him in either spot, I hate this idea (that including him), there’s only two or three centrists.

But AP gonna AP

6 Likes

Why for each one?

Nothing in particular, just looking for that Obama “spark” to get everyone to the polls.

That may take younger candidates.

3 Likes

I would just as soon he decides he’s had enough fun. Just not a huge fan—he has a complacently pompous streak, his reputation for being “real” seems based more on a lazy carelessness, and for all he talks about his working-class roots he’s been living like an aristocrat for many decades. And there’s a lot of oppo stuff they can beat on in his history as well. Sit it out, Joe. You’ve got a good rep now. But if you run and mess up, that’s gone.

Excuse me if I’m missing someone else who’s obvious, but do you mean Michelle Obama? My understanding is that’s the last thing she’d want to do.

16 Likes

I think a male hispanic and Kamala Harris as VP would be a formidable ticket. I don’t think a woman in the top slot is strategically a good idea twice in a row. Harris as VP would set her up nicely for a future run as President. We need a ‘sweet sixteen’ years of Democrats holding the WH to undo all the damage by dump.

2 Likes

Just seeing if people are paying attention… You were…

2 Likes

She could run for Queen and be elected in a walk, everyone loves her, don’t get me wrong.

7 Likes

If she did run and win, just think how much that would twist Dotard’s shorts. And the deplorables…

Priceless…

6 Likes

I think it would be awesome to have a female nominee again.

Aside from the GOP again running a ‘lady candidate’, Clinton would have gotten over, if it wasn’t for that rascally ‘totem pole’ (Comey).

7 Likes