Discussion: WikiLeaks: Julian Assange's Internet Access Has Been 'Severed' By State Actor

If only all accused rapists could be cut off from Twittering…

19 Likes

RT’s bank accounts in the UK have been frozen, as well. This looks like it might be part of Obama’s response to Russia’s actions.

22 Likes

WikiLeaks says that founder Julian Assange’s internet access has been cut by an unidentified state actor. Few other details were immediately available.

So, they are saying the some nation cut off Internet access to the Ecuadorean Embassy in London? Oh for fucks sake!

4 Likes

LEAVE POOR JULIAN ALLLOOONNNNEEEE!!!

(and someday jailed)

3 Likes

Someone should maybe reset the router?

11 Likes

Could it be that the Ecuadorean wifi password was changed? Or Assange got a virus which only sends him to Dora the Explorer sites? Did Julian allow that nice man who called him remote access to his computer so the nice man could remove the virus that he detected on Julian’s computer?

16 Likes

Depending on which country jails him yes.

2 Likes

Sad face emoji!

8 Likes

More like this:
:neutral_face:

4 Likes

Julian is probably banned from Dora the Explorer sites.

7 Likes

Anyone technically capable of this also probably hacked his stuff.

Heh.

17 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here. I don’t want to shock anyone with this idea, but it’s also ever so slightly possible that wikileaks lied. I know that’s a stunning thought! I’ll probably be flogged for even whispering that aloud.

33 Likes

I think at this point we’re all willing to believe and disbelieve anything pretty much simultaneously. But there was nothing at all horrifying in what I’ve read of the leaked stuff. More just like if you talked privately with people and then that were revealed, some of what you said might be awkward. That’s true of all of us, I’d think. If they made it up to sound like that, it was pretty artful. Also if it were made up I’d think the Clinton folks would say so. Just speculating. Like you say, any damn thing is possible these days.

14 Likes

That would be Ecuador. If it were another ‘state actor’, they were just able to go in to the embassy and shut down his internet and not the entire embassy? Both hard wired and wireless? No.

5 Likes

If he hasn’t been paying his bills because the relevant accounts have been frozen, does that count as “state action”?

5 Likes

“Severed By State Actor?”

I had no idea Ian Michael Black was an IT guy as well.

4 Likes

I’m sure there are some coffee shops off the embassy grounds in London with free wi-fi, might I suggest Assange try one of those?

19 Likes

“… haven’t prevented the Australian transparency activist…”

Someone misspelled “self serving chum bucket.”

22 Likes

Did he try turning it off and back on again?

15 Likes